MODS TO MY LANG 36

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey, Al!

Looks like the wife is going to "surprise" me with a lang 36 for my 40th. I'm going to grab a couple things to mod like you have here. What is the diameter of the down tube and how did you fasten it? Thanks!!!

I think it's a 4" adjustable elbow. but you can adjust it straight & it fits nice & tight up in the stack.
I got it at HD.If you can't find it maybe I can find it online & send you the link.
Al

I think it's a 4" adjustable elbow. but you can adjust it straight & it fits nice & tight up in the stack.
I got it at HD.If you can't find it maybe I can find it online & send you the link.
Al
Thanks!!! I'll check it out and let you know. Going to grab that and look for a mud pan. Any of thoughts on the length of mud pan I should look for? Longer better? Thanks!

I'm just using a 9" bread pan, but when that goes, I think I'll go the mud pan route also.
I'm thinking at least 12" or bigger.
Al

I saw a post recently that said using galvanized pipe in the cook chamber is a no no. Why would that pose a problem?

The cooking chamber in a smoker does not get hot enough to cause a problem. The problem is, when heated to higher temps, as in using galvanized in the firebox, the metal gives off fumes that are toxic. Hope this helps!
Al

Awesome Mods and results. I'm curious about the stack extension, it makes sense to me and I have read and heard a lot of people talking about the logic of it, but when talking with Craig at Bell Fab he didn't recommend it. This build will not be a reverse flow and he thought that extending the stack didn't create the best results, even though he would if I asked. I figured I'd go with the fabricators recommendation and add something later when experimenting to see the difference. Do you think there is a difference between the stack extension on reverse flow verse standard horizontal offset?

Awesome Mods and results. I'm curious about the stack extension, it makes sense to me and I have read and heard a lot of people talking about the logic of it, but when talking with Craig at Bell Fab he didn't recommend it. This build will not be a reverse flow and he thought that extending the stack didn't create the best results, even though he would if I asked. I figured I'd go with the fabricators recommendation and add something later when experimenting to see the difference. Do you think there is a difference between the stack extension on reverse flow verse standard horizontal offset?

I would definitely go with what Craig said. That being said, if you want the top rack in the smoker to run hotter than the bottom rack, then no need to mess with the stack. I’m kinda OCD and wanted the whole cook chamber to be the same temp., and the extension did exactly that. The smoker still has the same draw, and it draws so well that I can cold smoke with an AMNPS in the firebox, with no heat & it will draw right thru the CC and out the stack with no problem.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky