Modified Scarbelly Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mkriet

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 21, 2015
Dayton, OH
Made some smoked chicken wings yesterday thanks to suggestions from others on this site a couple days ago. I was told to try Scarbelly Wings, with the sauce mixture injected into the wings.

I made two batches. One was the traditional Scarbelly wings, except I used the hot and spicy creole butter because it’s the only thing I had. I also added some Worcestershire sauce to the sauce. It wasn’t too spicy even with the hot butter. I added Cajun seasoning on the outside of the wings.

The other batch I made was with Italian dressing, Worcestershire, and soy sauce. I put Italian spices on these. This was the mild batch, but wasn’t as good as the regular version. With that said, I want to try some other variations of this. Ranch, garlic Parmesan, bbq, hot bbq, Asian zing, the possibilities are endless.

I originally intended to smoke these on the wsm, but it was hotter than hell outside, and I wanted to get to the party, so I did a modified smoke on the gas grill using my smoke tube and just throwing some additional wood chips on the grates. The results were excellent, and I received many compliments on the wings, and there were none left. I thought I took more pictures, but the heat must’ve been messing with my head. Here is the before and after.

IMG_20180704_124020.jpg
IMG_20180704_133039.jpg

You should've seen the spread we had at the party. There was food for days

Those wings look mighty appetizing to me. I tried to make Scarbelly wings once, however due to many PBR's I got more injection on my stomach and walls then in the wings. I'll have to give it another go after seeing yours.

Point for sure.

Chris

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Thanks Chris. The best part about them was it was like a burst of flavor when you bite into them because of the injection. This definitely won't be the last time I make these.

Not as much as I would’ve liked, but some got more smoke than others. If you want true smoke flavor, definitely put them in the smoker. I was in a hurry, and hot. Didn’t want to mess with starting the smoker for a quick cook. I will try it on there next time

Thanks Al. They were some of the most flavorful wings I've ever had, especially with no sauce on the outside. Going to be trying a lot of different versions of these

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky