MISSISSIPPI POT ROAST MELT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ive seen the Mississippi pot roast a few times and some po boys made with it as well. I decided to do one Saturday as a melt using Texas toast.

Started with a 2.5 lb chuckieView attachment 445914

After 2.5hr on the smoker it was ready to go into the potView attachment 445915

into the cast iron pot with a stick of butter, packet of ranch,packet of aujus and some pepperoncini peppers with the juice.
View attachment 445916

Cover with the lid and back on to the drum for a couple hours.
View attachment 446149

While that did its thing I cooked some onions and peppers in the cast iron on the grillView attachment 445917

Out of the pot and pulled apart.View attachment 445918View attachment 445919

Now for the sandwich...
Start with some butter in the big cast iron and three pieces of Texas toastView attachment 445921

Then add the meat and the peppers and onions to two of the breads and French onion dip to the otherView attachment 445922

Top with some white american out of the delli
View attachment 445923

Then stack it up high.View attachment 445924

Cut in halfView attachment 445925View attachment 445926

The wife had hers as an "open face sammich"View attachment 445920

Man this was really good. The Mississippi pot roast is a great recipe. Worked out really good for some tasty pot roast melts
Thanks for taking a look!
That looks Awesome, great job!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky