MISSISSIPPI POT ROAST MELT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Ive seen the Mississippi pot roast a few times and some po boys made with it as well. I decided to do one Saturday as a melt using Texas toast.

Started with a 2.5 lb chuckie
0516201239a.jpg

After 2.5hr on the smoker it was ready to go into the pot
0516201659a.jpg

into the cast iron pot with a stick of butter, packet of ranch,packet of aujus and some pepperoncini peppers with the juice.
0516201701.jpg

Cover with the lid and back on to the drum for a couple hours.
0516201702a.jpg

While that did its thing I cooked some onions and peppers in the cast iron on the grill
0516202027.jpg

Out of the pot and pulled apart.
0516202033c.jpg
0516202042b.jpg

Now for the sandwich...
Start with some butter in the big cast iron and three pieces of Texas toast
0516202308.jpg

Then add the meat and the peppers and onions to two of the breads and French onion dip to the other
0516202323.jpg

Top with some white american out of the delli
0516202324.jpg

Then stack it up high.
0516202337.jpg

Cut in half
0516202349.jpg
0516202350.jpg

The wife had hers as an "open face sammich"
0516202134.jpg

Man this was really good. The Mississippi pot roast is a great recipe. Worked out really good for some tasty pot roast melts
Thanks for taking a look!

Last edited:
Looks great I am doing one tomorrow. Finally was able to get a chuck roast all the store have been out. Hard to believe I can get briskets easier then a chuck roast.

Reactions: Bytor
Looks great I am doing one tomorrow. Finally was able to get a chuck roast all the store have been out. Hard to believe I can get briskets easier then a chuck roast.
Thanks! I picked up this one when i saw it because its been the same here. Hit or miss on most stuff.

Looks delicious. I do these pretty oftenand have also done a melt. Deliciousness
Looks dang good!
That does look super delicious... Very nice!
Dang what a sandwich! Looks good!
That’s one heck of a sandwich there. Really looks awesome!
Thanks everyone! It was really awesome! One of the best pulled chuckies ive done. Started with a really decent chunk of meat though. Had leftovers for lunch today and it was just as good!

Reactions: JLeonard
I've done about 7 of those roasts in the last 2 months. They are amazing. Did a couple for some friends and they loved them too. It's such a good recipe. Those sandwiches looked amazing. I've been throwing a sliced green pepper on my sear box and when its blistered and charred i take it off and dice it up and mix it with the shredded roasts when it's done.

Love the flavors of Mississippi pot roast. Yours looks amazing and those Sammie pics are world class. Great job!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky