mini wsm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

floydy81uk

Original poster
Jan 15, 2014
Braintree, Essex
Hi...first of all im new to forums but am very interested in doing a mini wsm build here in the UK. I hav eeverything so far except the pot coz I cannot get hold of the tamale or the vasconia here.

I was wondering if anyone knows the diameter of the pots you use in the US as I can only find ones here that are 36 cm / 360 mm.

Hi...first of all im new to forums but am very interested in doing a mini wsm build here in the UK. I hav eeverything so far except the pot coz I cannot get hold of the tamale or the vasconia here.

I was wondering if anyone knows the diameter of the pots you use in the US as I can only find ones here that are 36 cm / 360 mm.
That's going to be extremely close. If you already have the Smokey Joe BBQ measure the interior of the base at the rim. You might be just a shy bit big though. I'd put a tape on it. If the pot was a bit shy, then mounting the lid to the bottom would solve that.

That's going to be extremely close. If you already have the Smokey Joe BBQ measure the interior of the base at the rim. You might be just a shy bit big though. I'd put a tape on it. If the pot was a bit shy, then mounting the lid to the bottom would solve that.
I know it does seem like it will be tight. I have searched the web here for pots and they only do 34 or 36 cm pots and I think the 34 is too small. If the pot is 36 diameter would it fit as im sure the bottom must tapper in slightly. This is the only thing at the moment stopping me doing the build as I need this to be right its so frustrating you cant just find a shop to have a look in person

It's kind if hard to see but the inside measurement of the Smokey Joe Silver is right at 351-352mm.

The bottom of my pot is just shy of 350mm.
I also have the lid from the pot attached to the bottom of mine.

Which creates about a 12mm lip. I'm thinking that if you got the 34mm pot, attached the lid to the bottom you might get it to work.

Hold the phone! There's a lip that runs around the interior of the Smokey joe base.

This is where the pot sits when you don't put the lid on the bottom. The rim protrudes inward to about 33mm, I think you should be fine with the 34mm pot!!! Certainly if you attach the lid to the bottom!

Thanks alot for doing that...just about to head off for work but will measure mine when I get in but im sure you are right...never thought of flipping the lid...will make sure I buy a pot with one as most here in the UK are sold without. Thanks again u hav been very helpful

Question… Will Amazon not ship to the UK?  They have the correct pot for sale. Perhaps they will but shipping cost is prohibitive? 

Hav ended up buying some bits including the pot from amazon.com and sent it to viabox.com which will forward it to the uk for me...I think that is my best option and at least I will hav the correct pot size. Works out alot more expensive to do in the UK than u guys do it for in the US!!

But who cares I gotta get this thing made!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky