Mincer what is it?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlpicard

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 8, 2017
Is a mincer the exact same as a meat grinder? Sorta like U.S. auto hood vs Brit bonnet, or trunk v boot?

i think mincers are usually just smaller then grinders but will grind meat, not 100% on this but it's my best guess.

I was thinking maybe mincers have rotating cutting blades not unlike a food processor while grinders move the meat chunks with an auger past a blade scraping on a grinder plate. The latter I've used for decades but as I am getting older was considering downsizing to a smaller product to chop my meats. I don't want to emulsify my meat like you may want for a frankfurter though.

Last edited:
Medium plate mince with a cheapo hand grinder.

lpgs7.JPG

Reactions: jlpicard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky