Middle of the road upgrade? Or go all out?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I really want to stay with an offset stick burner, and I might save up and get an outlaw pit because of the insulation.

That or I have been tossing around the idea of putting my fabrication skills to use and build one. If I sourced some 20" pipe welding one up wouldn't be to bad. And I have all the tools I should need to do it.

I am going to be building a 250 gal offset smoker as soon as I can get shop time. I already have 2 - 250 gallon propane tanks for the build. I may be willing to part with one of them if you want to build your own. Here is my design. Shout out to daveomak daveomak for the tools for doing the calculations for this.

Attachments

• SMOKER 250_CALCULATIONS.pdf
    57.9 KB · Views: 16
  • SMOKER 250_CONCEPT.pdf
    30.2 KB · Views: 4
  • SMOKER 250_CUTS.pdf
    42.9 KB · Views: 3
  • SMOKER 250_DOORS.pdf
    38.3 KB · Views: 4
  • SMOKER 250_FIRE BOX PLATES.pdf
    52.5 KB · Views: 4
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky