Mexican Fiesta

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Several of you bumped one of my old threads last week and it made me crave some of my keto charro beans. Pair that up with finding these beautiful hatch chilis and it was on.
469A06DF-B6C9-43F1-AABC-DB8DA4ECBC14.jpeg
First up for some flank steak marinading in some chili lime marinade. I can link recipe in another post.
DB3B1560-6FD4-4D37-9721-3B095624F381.jpeg
I had some precooked dark meat chicken to use up. I tossed it in some olive oil with a bit of chile morita paste and some fajita seasoning. Here it is cooking in the cast iron.
15A6CCC8-596B-4086-8E45-2DEFA2799394.jpeg
Veggies cooking,hatch chilis, candy and red onion.
EC5B8199-149B-4143-B9FA-3F604A2FFAC0.jpeg
Here are the finished keto charro beans. Loaded up with hatch chili, onion, chorizo and bacon. I can link this recipe to an older post. This is one of my favorite keto creations. Packed a little up for my neighbors too.
4F0648C7-E74B-47FF-805E-9D061DCC9045.jpeg
731A254B-ADF7-4F78-842B-7A811E2692FA.jpeg
Last thing to whip up is a keto double cheese enchilada. Shredded cheddar on parchment paper into a 400F oven. Pulled when the edges start to brown. 0820EB53-8402-4715-932A-B1AA11210F89.jpeg Working quickly added a little mild green chili and shredded quesadilla cheese.
14A3EFCC-9C0D-483E-946E-9BF3CEC03D8F.jpeg
Here it is all plated up. Enchilada tucked and rolled, topped with some charro beans, Salvadoran crema and lime zest. Veggies topped with the chipotle chicken and chile lime skirt steak hit with a good dose of fresh cilantro and some lime.
7BDB981B-17E8-4BC9-9774-851F8E032790.jpeg
Cooked and posted close to the same meal a year ago so thanks for looking and indulging me. Like I said, several folks bumped the thread and made me crave it lol.

That’s just over the top Jeff. Good grief.
This reminds me a lot of my borracho beans (drunkin beans) basically same as charro but I use Beer for liquid. Yours look awesome. Big like.

Reactions: jcam222
Absolutely superb Jeff!! Keto or not, you'd never find a dish like tat in any Mexican restaurant. That's just over-the-top amazing buddy!! Very well done and a gorgeous presentation.

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
Um… yes please!!! Looks great.

Thanks for sharing, looks good!!

F'ing Eh! That made my belly grumble, no lie.
Going downstairs to try and placate it.

Great looking plate , and that would be happy meal for me
Nice job

David

Absolutely superb Jeff!! Keto or not, you'd never find a dish like tat in any Mexican restaurant. That's just over-the-top amazing buddy!! Very well done and a gorgeous presentation.

Robert

WOW Jeff!!
Everything you make is just so over the top & this one included!
:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:
Al
Thanks all! Having some for lunch now and I gotta say it sure makes for good leftovers. Appreciate the compliments.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That’s just over the top Jeff. Good grief.
This reminds me a lot of my borracho beans (drunkin beans) basically same as charro but I use Beer for liquid. Yours look awesome. Big like.
Yep I imagine very similar swapping out some of the broth for beer.
Wow Jeff! As always you take it up a few notches. Meal fit for a King.
Haha this one’s on you buddy, you bumped thst old thread and made me crave the beans. I just bought around 40 cans of the black soy last month
Ever think of authoring a keto cookbook Jeff? Another phenomenal culinary adventure! RAY
It’s a bucket list retirement idea I toy with for sure Ray.
Gimme a big plate of that and a extra Prilosec! Looks great.
Jim
The hatch vary quite a bit in heat from pepper to pepper. A few might make you need a double dose lol.

Reactions: JLeonard
That is a work of art! Beautiful work! I’ve been skimming through “Mi Cocina” recipes and making a list of ones fo do, but you may have knocked those down a notch or two again!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky