• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Metzgermeister schloss

elginplowboy

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 21, 2013
Master butcher castle(cinder block smokehouse). Starting with a 6x6 slab. 6 inch deep.
Helper eldest son doing his video game assassins creed pose
breaking ground
baby girl helping
all framed up and level.
a little tamping with sledge hammer
bricks, 3/4 rock, sand and rebar.
starting concrete
30 80lb bags of quikrete later
More to come...curing time

Last edited:

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
WOW.... 30 bags ??? please don't tell me you mixed them all in the wheelbarrow ?? If so... How did you keep it from setting up before getting the next batch mixed in with existing ??? looking good so far though...

elginplowboy

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 21, 2013
Thanks guys, No hand mixing, used pop pops cement mixer. It was done as a three man job. I loaded mixer, Tyler wheel barrow to form, my buddy rusty packed and spread. Took about two hours.

Last edited:

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
Thanks guys, No hand mixing, used pop pops cement mixer. It was done as a three man job. I loaded mixer, Tyler wheel barrow to form, my buddy rusty packed and spread. Took about two hours.
I'm watchin..... When I saw "Three man job" I was worried the daughter was pushing the wheelbarrow!

noshrimp

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 22, 2012
I'm anxious to see the the project develop! Looks like a great start. Nice to see your kids helping.

Noshrimp

elginplowboy

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 21, 2013
Score!!!! Father in law picked me up a control box dumpster diving (oops I mean salvaging). Whooohooo. It was an old fire control box but will work great for this project. Amazing the things people throw away now a days.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.