Mesquite Picanha

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
I have a semi disaster going on here. I bought a GMG Ledge grill a month ago when I was able to drive again. On assembly I found that one leg wouldn't attach. I have been dealing with their support and sales agents to try to get this remedied, with no success.

I'm having a party tomorrow, the sales agent working my case said he would have a new grill here yesterday and that didn't happen. I had to remove the burner mods to my smoke vault and get it back to working order. As a practice run, I made Picanha with garlic and pepper, no salt. I wanted to see how much smoke I could get using lumberjack mesquite blend pellets and mesquite chips mixed in a smoke tube. If I had to guess I had as much as 1/5 chips.

Smoked at around 200° for 2.5 hours. Pulled at IT 137°.
PXL_20220528_023245256.jpg

PXL_20220528_023923404.jpg

Was delicious, tender and juicy. Will do again.

Last edited:
Agree with the others. NAILED IT! Man that looks great.

Sorry to hear about your smoker issues...hope that gets resolved soon.

Reactions: Nefarious
Heck yeah bud you nailed that. Hope you get your new smoker soon
Thanks Jake, I appreciate it.

No kidding . That's perfect .
Thanks, My wife wasn't pleased, she goes for medium to well.
Were you ever in the Marines? That right there is how to improvise, adapt, and overcome!! Great adjustment and a beautiful cook. That looks delicious.

Robert
Sorry, I was Air Force. I was a Boy Scout until end of Jr High when I learned about beer and girls.

Good job! Love the picanha. The ones I've done rival tenderloin for tenderness.
Thanks, it was very tender, wife liked it better then tenderloin.

Agree with the others. NAILED IT! Man that looks great.

Sorry to hear about your smoker issues...hope that gets resolved soon.
Thanks, I've stopped being patient on the smoker. I think it's time to move to a different brand.
Looks Mighty Tasty from here!!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear, was very tasty.

So tasty in fact I bought two more to make for my guests this weekend. Only change is they will be bigger and going with hickory instead of mesquite.

Thanks all!

I have a semi disaster going on here. I bought a GMG Ledge grill a month ago when I was able to drive again. On assembly I found that one leg wouldn't attach. I have been dealing with their support and sales agents to try to get this remedied, with no success.

I'm having a party tomorrow, the sales agent working my case said he would have a new grill here yesterday and that didn't happen. I had to remove the burner mods to my smoke vault and get it back to working order. As a practice run, I made Picanha with garlic and pepper, no salt. I wanted to see how much smoke I could get using lumberjack mesquite blend pellets and mesquite chips mixed in a smoke tube. If I had to guess I had as much as 1/5 chips.

Smoked at around 200° for 2.5 hours. Pulled at IT 137°.
View attachment 633136

View attachment 633137
Was delicious, tender and juicy. Will do again.
Great looking cook there!

Thanks, My wife wasn't pleased, she goes for medium to well.
I have several beef post were I suggest a simmering pot of beef broth on the stove . Cook to medium rare , then dip some slices in the broth to further cook . Don't boil . Turn the heat off and put a lid on and just let it steep for a bit . Doesn't take long . I like mine mooing , but it's actually really good dipped in the broth .

That is some beautiful color right there. Nice job

Point for sure
Chris

That looks insanely good. The only place around here with picanha has them way out of my price range.

Yup that is called working the problem for sure! Very nice, and we do what chop does with the seep all the time....Perfection!

PS don't give up on your GMG, they will get you setup and it will work for you!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky