Mesquite Picanha

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
PS don't give up on your GMG, they will get you setup and it will work for you!
I wish I had your confidence. I spent about 2 days with the online support group and was finally told someone from the sales.organization would get in contact with me. Some days passed and finally a sales associate called me and said he would come and look.

He drove 2 1/2 hours to my house, looked at it and said, yep it's a problem. He promised he would have it replaced by memorial day, i asked for friday before so I could at least cook on it before I have to cook for a party this evening. He never called to schedule when he was coming, and he never came. It has been a month. Support claims a manager is still.working it, i'm not sure what that means anymore.

He never called to schedule when he was coming, and he never came. It has been a month. Support claims a manager is still.working it, i'm not sure what that means anymore.

That's tech speak for he's on vacation.

Chris

I picked up a couple at Costco on sale. I had to put them in the freezer. I was thinking of putting them on the spinner soon. This pushed me closer to actually doing that. I’ve never made one before so I’m looking forward to it.

Reactions: Nefarious
I picked up a couple at Costco on sale. I had to put them in the freezer. I was thinking of putting them on the spinner soon. This pushed me closer to actually doing that. I’ve never made one before so I’m looking forward to it.
Yep, this was from Costco, I bought two more for my party this evening. Will do them with hickory instead. It was very good.

Reactions: Sven Svensson
That's tech speak for he's on vacation.

Chris
This or a supply issue.... many things are messed up right now. Just remember to be calm and respectful and give them a call back to get an ETA on the replacement. It’s amazing what can happen when a customer acknowledges how challenging customer service is these days..... you will get many years of good use out of it and as above you know how to cook so that is were I get the confidence from!

This or a supply issue.... many things are messed up right now. Just remember to be calm and respectful and give them a call back to get an ETA on the replacement. It’s amazing what can happen when a customer acknowledges how challenging customer service is these days..... you will get many years of good use out of it and as above you know how to cook so that is were I get the confidence from!
Maybe, it that were the case they would call me when they say they will. Some communication would be a good thing. The only time something happens is when I call them. They commit to something and then don't do it and don't call me to tell me it isn't going to happen.

I'm very respectful to the support people, i know it isn't their fault. The case has been transferred to the sales organization.

did you get the mesquite flavor you were hoping for. I love mesquite smoke the best with my smokes ( mostly )

David
Not as much as I wanted, the lumberjack pellets are only 40% mesquite, and i should have used more chips. I smoked 2 others for memorial day using hickory that were much more.smoke flavor. Lumberjack hickory pellets are 100% hickory.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That looks absolutely beautiful!! That’s another cut I’ve been meaning to try. If I ever do, hopefully it comes out as good as yours.

Not as much as I wanted, the lumberjack pellets are only 40% mesquite, and i should have used more chips. I smoked 2 others for memorial day using hickory that were much more.smoke flavor. Lumberjack hickory pellets are 100% hickory.

Yes I use chunks and chips, sometimes the chunks come in the bag too big so I just cut on chopsaw.
Hickory is my second choice . than the fruit woods.

David

That looks excellent! And apparently I read this before because I liked a couple of the posts but never commented. Hope they come thru for you on your smoker! Just can't believe how much trouble you have had with yours. It has to be frustrating.

Ryan

Off to google Picanha and makes a mental note to buy some if I ever see......

In other words; I don't even know what it is but your pic looks so good I want some!

Reactions: Nefarious
Off to google Picanha and makes a mental note to buy some if I ever see......

In other words; I don't even know what it is but your pic looks so good I want some!
I've not seen it before but Costco started carrying it. I have a couple in the freezer waiting. It was delicious.

Reactions: TH-n-PA
I've not seen it before but Costco started carrying it. I have a couple in the freezer waiting. It was delicious.
My search gave me cuts to look for so that helps.

In the United States, the cut is little known and often named top sirloin cap, rump cover, rump cap, or culotte (french). Instead, North American butchers generally divide this cut into other cuts like the rump, the round, and the loin.[1] It consists of the biceps femoris muscle and its fat cap.[2]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky