MES with Window (heads up)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am going to order a set of these for my MES...The Fairy Lights make the curtain soooo Pretty. 
biggrin.gif
...JJ

8f82cd075da8d9339f44f81ba5f51c9f.jpg

You need to make a house for the smoker. A big bear with the belly cut out and the smoker in sicpde would be awsome. Plus keep the sun off

Or this

You need to make a house for the smoker. A big bear with the belly cut out and the smoker in sicpde would be awsome. Plus keep the sun off

Or this

Nice house for it, Red !!

That wouldn't do me any good, unless I kept the door closed at all times, because mine faces South, and the low Winter Sun shoots right in to it.

Bear

I like the idea. Do not have a covered patio so something like this might be the thing to keep MES high and dry.

I like the idea. Do not have a covered patio so something like this might be the thing to keep MES high and dry.
Absolutely a great idea to keep it out of the weather, if you don't have an Under-roof place for it !!

And Redsmoke did a Beautiful Job on his!!

Just don't point the glass door in a direction between SE and SW during the Winter, when the Sun is low in the sky.

Bear

MES arrived Sat. Did the minor assembly and was going to season it Sunday then add some chicken but it sprinkled most of the day. Kind of my luck so a wooden house would fit the bill. 

MES arrived Sat. Did the minor assembly and was going to season it Sunday then add some chicken but it sprinkled most of the day. Kind of my luck so a wooden house would fit the bill. 
You could keep your eye open for sales at Home Depot or similar places, like my Son did (below).

However IMO the wood house like Red has would look neater.

There is something rustic about the wood look that I really like.
Absolutely----Living in a Log House, I agree entirely.

I just wanted to show another option---My Son put that container near his Hot Tub on his deck----Was a good match for him.

Bear

Thanks for the compliments on the house. A big cookie sheet propped up on top of the smoker would work for keeping the rain off as long as it's mostly falling straight down.

BTW Everyone: Let's not forget what this thread was all about. 

Those of us who have windows in there MES door could run into a problem during the Winter, when the sun shines on the heat sensor.

See the beginning of this thread, and again with more info on Post #13.

It's not a Joke---It really can happen, and if you aren't alert to it, it can wreck your whole smoking day!!

Bear

Last edited:
Maybe that's why I don't think I'll clean the window of my MES40.   It will hopefully block some of those nasty sun rays.

Maybe that's why I don't think I'll clean the window of my MES40.   It will hopefully block some of those nasty sun rays.
That would work after awhile.

I like to see things in there though.

I believe some MES units with windows have actually been returned to Masterbuilt with nothing wrong with them, because of the sun shining on that heat sensor, because they had the same symptoms, which at the time were unexplainable.

Bear

I am going to do a combination wooden shed to house both the smoker and the emergency generator to free up my garage so I can park in it again.

Bear, that razor blade did wonders.   I decided to clean my window just so I can make sure the Salmon nuggets aren't dancing around while being smoked.  Actually since I smoke all my meats back by my shop which resides under one of my large oak trees, I'll never worry about the smoker facing the sun.  Way too shady.  Also since I am not 100% sure as to what the previous owner smoked in this unit and since I'll probably be dedicating it mainly for fish,  I want to start out with a clean slate, er door, er window.

It is a shame if smokers were returned to Masterbuilt due to facing the sun during a smoke.  Next time, "close your smoker's drapes".
yahoo.gif

Bear, that razor blade did wonders.   I decided to clean my window just so I can make sure the Salmon nuggets aren't dancing around while being smoked.  Actually since I smoke all my meats back by my shop which resides under one of my large oak trees, I'll never worry about the smoker facing the sun.  Way too shady.  Also since I am not 100% sure as to what the previous owner smoked in this unit and since I'll probably be dedicating it mainly for fish,  I want to start out with a clean slate, er door, er window.

It is a shame if smokers were returned to Masterbuilt due to facing the sun during a smoke.  Next time, "close your smoker's drapes".
yahoo.gif
Once you get your window really clean, don't forget to coat it with Rain X to repel the moisture while smoking, as Bear posted in this tread a few days ago.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/237951/mes-40-bluetooth-window-condensation

See Bear's post #11

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky