MES eaaf code

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crclass

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 28, 2014
LaCrosse, Wisconsin
There have been several post on this code and I have seen several remedies for this. I personally don't get this code however my parents get it on their MES. I think it's a setup issue when it's really cold out. I have never had the problem even at 0 F. When I setup my smoker I place the water pan in it with hottest tap water I can get. Then close the door. Plug the MES in and power it on. By this time 30 seconds or so have passed and the water has warmed the internal temp of the smoker up to a point where it will not throw the code. Program as usual and you are all set. My parents just called with their smoker throwing the code and I had them put the water tray in then fill with hot water and let it sit 10 minutes just to be sure. They are mow smoking. No need for a hair dryer or hot towel or anything out of the ordinary to get it running, if you just change your sequence a little bit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky