MES cover

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I live in GA too.  With the humidity here, I would store the unit in the garage rather than outside on a covered patio even with a cover.  I think the insides would corrode from the moisture the South is famous for.

I wouldn't leave my MES 40 in the rain with the cover on, but under roof, the humidity is no problem here in PA.

Average Annual Relative Humidity:

Atlanta, GA --------68%

Phila, PA------------67%

Bear

Reactions: mossberg531
I live 1 and 1/2 hours south of Atlanta and we are more humid than that area.  Anything stored outside either rusts or grows mold. Just takes time to happen.   

I get moss that grows on my Ram running boards & on my Wood Deck, but no Humidity ever hurt my MES, inside or out. 

Bear

I have the MB factory cover for my MES30 and I wouldn't buy it again.  It's very lightweight and thin for what you pay and has already faded quite a bit after only a single season on the north (shade) side of the house.  Do some searching as I saw people post about generic covers that fit very well and cost a fraction that the MB version does and I'm sure it holds up at least as well and likely better than for quite a bit less money.

I bought a generic cover for my mes 30 and it stays in the weather during warmer weather but put it in the garage during the winter.  It seems to repel water well, but as an added insurance, I put a large black trash bag over it under the cover.  Just to insure the electronics don't get wet.  Works for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky