Mes 40 will it smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ajb2320

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
I'm making some sticks in my smoke house and the recipe calls for 4hrs smoke at 125 degrees. Should the smoker produce smoke at that low of a temp or do I need to do something else to get the smoke rolling? It doesn't seem like it is hot enough to produce smoke. Can you help?

icon_cool.gif

You could use the a-maze-n smoker thingy if you want to. I have found and have been using a single hot plate (get it at Walgreens 9.95) and then I can get smoke at 75° or so. I just start out with the chunks laying on the burner I know you shoulded but..... Then as I up the temp you can put your chips/chunks in a pan and then you will save the hot plate from geting any drippings on it. So there's my 2 pennies.

Thanks guys what I ended up doing was I cranked the temp up on the smoker to 275 and propped the door open so that it wouldn't get to hot. It seemed to work it got the smoke rolling. The heat plate is my next option which I think I am going to go that route. Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky