MES 40 replace element but now temp and time contrls do not work.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

patron

Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Missouri Valley Iowa 51555
I have a MES 40 I purchased two years ago from SAMS.   So far I have replaced the Temp probe, the chip loader and larger chip tray.   On the last smoke doing pork butts I put them on at 10:00pm and when I woke up the next morning the digital readout showed everything still working but upon opening the unit I find not heat inside.  I find the heading element lead was fried on one side of the element.  

Masterbuilt sent me a new element.  I put it back on but now I find I can not adjust either temp or Time.   Can anyone give me direction. ?  

Thanks in advance

Hi Patron

I don't have an MES, but it almost sound to me like a sensor lead or some other wire may have come loose while you were working on it.  Sometimes when there's a problem in the circuit it can cause an electrical surge in the system, you may want to go through and look for any burned wires anywhere.  If it where me I would look for anything that was obvious, burned or loose, then I would call their customer service and see if they have any ideas.

Good luck, let us know how you make out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky