MES 40 problem

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

veritas

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
Wisconsin
I was smoking a ham today in my stainless mes 40 from cabelas when I noticed my pellets got away from me had a fire and did a number on my door.  My door now leaks from the side of the window and the window trim has pulled back.  Wondering if anyone knows how to fix this or if there are replacement doors for sale or what options I might have.

thanks for any help!

You can try contacting Masterbuilt. They may have new window seals available or a complete door at a reasonable price...JJ

Call masterbuilt customer service and tell them what happened. They have had to deal with so many mes 40 defects latelely they may send you a new door kit for free. BTW.... if you have a new gen 2 model then there was a safety recall on the chip tray because of....well... you already found out.

I'm confused----How do "Pellets get away from you" in an MES 40.

You were using pellets in the chip burner?

Bear

I'm confused----How do "Pellets get away from you" in an MES 40.

You were using pellets in the chip burner?

Bear
Oh boy, I missed that part. Pretty sure MB customer service is going give you the finger on that one. But, with a lot of people saying how good their customer service is, they'll probably smile while they do it.

WOW.... that baby got hot..... but you knew that..... looks like maybe a grease fire was happening also to get that kind of heat....  Just a guess.....  Try for a new door for free... If that don't work, there will be many suggestions on how to modify the smoker to make it usable....

Dave

Veritas
Maybe skip the pellet smoker part of the story. MB may take care of this.
There ya go.

I don't believe an MES 40 is guaranteed, if you use things not mentioned in their owners' manual.

I would skip the pellet burner part of the story, and go right to the grease fire.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky