MES 30 popping circuit; wont start up.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Barfly, evening... I don't recall seeing the suggestion of using an ohm meter and checking all the wiring to the smoker ground and to each other wire...  UNPLUG THE SMOKER FIRST....

Maybe there is a short circuit inside the unit you can locate.... If you were my neighbor, we would solve this over a cold one.... Dave....
beercheer.gif

Reactions: barflyngrill
Thanks Dave. I do have an ohm meter and will try that next week. My old man is coming in for XMAS and he's good with that kind of stuff. 

Too bad we arent neighbors. I gotta whole fridge in the garage dedicated to craft beer "storage". :)  We fix it or have fun tryin'... lol

Over New Years weekend, my Dad was in town and he checked the dead smoker with an ohm meter but was unable to find a problem with the element or any shorts in the wiring. He believes the problem lies in the little electronic part on the very bottom of the unit which cant be replaced.  oh well. hope to make one working one from 2 dead ones.... a summer project.... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky