MES 30 cart and mailbox mod

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmaddox

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 5, 2015
Central FL
So I finally have my MES 30 setup the way I want it (at least until I change my mind). I picked up a tool cart on Craig's list, did a little modifying to the shelf height, and added a new shelf to the side of it. 

Then, using all the great ideas I have seen here, I added the "mailbox mod". I had previously been using a homemade setup with a tin can to burn wood chips for the unit but it was too hard to control the speed that the chips burned. So after a few frustrating sessions with my home made cold smoker I opted for an AMNPS and a mailbox mod. WORKED GREAT! It burned very consistent and I didn't have any issues with it going out. Thanks to everyone who has posted all the great advice on MES mods.

(Sorry about the poor picture, I will try to get some better pics later)

Nice set up....   
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky