MES 30 analog or digital??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rondar

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 27, 2010
North of Deetroit
Cabelas has them on sale $160 for analog with legs and digital for $199.I`m lookin to get my first electric in a couple weeks just asking for opinions good and bad on analog and digital.I like the analog because of the legs.

I just recieved and used my MES 30 digital. I read all the posts as to some problems associated with it.

I has performed flawlessly during 3 smokes. Set it and forget it. No hassles.

I have a Totem that is 20+ yrs old. Modified it with a 1500w counter top burner w/thermostat. I use it for fish only. It performs flawlessly.

I'm a big help.  Near as I can tell, they all work. Personal choice?

Be sure to follow up with Q-views when you get her going.

Last edited:
You can have greater confidence that the temps stay within the desired range using the digital model, especially when smoking unattended for a long period of time. The digital is less affected by wind and outside temperature changes that may occur during a smoke. Just my experience.

Last edited:
Digital you can controll the temps within a few degrees. analog does not have that much controll.

If you want to raise your MES up ,look at the mods post for MES. Some great carts and mods done.

I would agree w/ smokin Al, if you budget allows ,Get the 40"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky