Meowey's Mac and Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meowey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 16, 2006
Northern NY (Adirondacks)
Meowey’s Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients:

½ lb Macaroni cooked “al dente”
3 TBL Butter
3 TBL Flour
2 TSP Dry Mustard
1 TSP Chili Powder
1 TSP Salt
½ TSP White Pepper
2 ½ cups Milk
12 oz shredded cheddar cheese (or any combo of cheeses to your preference)
1 cup crushed Ritz crackers or bread crumbs

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
Mix flour, mustard, chili powder, salt and pepper
Melt butter over medium heat and allow it to foam out
Add flour mix to butter and form a roux, cook 1 minute after roux begins to bubble
Slowly whisk in the milk
Simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring
Reduce heat to low, slowly add the cheese, stirring to melt, and simmer 1-2 minutes
Combine sauce with cooked macaroni and put in 2-quart baking dish
Top with crumbs
Bake for 30 minutes – let rest for 5 minutes before serving

Enjoy!!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

I make an awesome mac & cheese but this..........this sounds incredible!!! I will try it but I don't know when.

Thank you so much for this recipe!!

One suggestion might be to throw it in a hot smoker and cook it there. It should add a nice dimension to it.

Oops, didn't see the meatloaf post. I guess smoked mac and cheese might be overkill.

I also add bacon to my mac, and have a recipe that calls for a can of chipotle peppers blended it. I usually also add garlic butter to my breadcrumbs before I sprinkle them on the top... gooood stuff :)

Did anyone see the Bobby Flay throwdown with the Macaroni and Cheese queen last night? Awesome looking Mac and Cheese. Made my little boxes of Kraft shells and cheese go hide in the cabinet
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

No. :(

I love mac and cheese. I even like the Kraft stuff too :)

Homemade doesn't take long, with the exception of cooking the macaroni... always takes a while to boil water and cook the pasta.. other than that, it's pretty simple, and always good.

I made this mac and cheese tonight with my meatloaf. WOW was it good. I put too much crackers on the top, but the rest was spectacular.

Sounds great! Also saved it in my "gotta try this" folder. I have recipe software that can make a cookbook. I'll think of some kind of cool name for it later, but have been populating it with darn near every recipe I come across in here. The only things so far that WON'T go public are Jeff's rub and sauce!

What's the software? I'm trying to put together a cookbook to give to family members for Christmas.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky