Memphis Pro

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tomshea

Original poster
Jan 8, 2020
Im new to this But I just ordered the Memphis pro pellet grill. Was wondering if anyone out there who has one could comment. Really excited about smoking over wood

Reactions: kruizer
Welcome from Wisconsin. :emoji_cat:

Wow, that is a nice looking rig. I know little about pellet grills so I am interested in who else has one of these units.

JC :emoji_cat:

Congrats. I've got the Elite, which is essentially a larger version of the Pro. You will love it.

I think you will really like your new grill. I have an older advantage plus and I have "USED" it!

I use whatever pellets I can get the best price on, no need to pay 15-20 bills for a bag!!!

Reactions: JWFokker
Many brands of pellets are overpriced blends with a relatively small amount of flavor wood. Either go cheap (Pit Boss brand) or go with Lumberjack (100% flavor wood). Traeger, Louisiana Grills, etc are a rip.

Reactions: Steff3
A blend of woods aint always a bad thing, some times a change up is good imo

It's not that it's a blend, it's that they advertise hickory or maple oak cherry and it's mostly alder or something else cheap and bland. Traeger is actually being sued over their pellets right now.

Reactions: Tomshea
Congrats. I've got the Elite, which is essentially a larger version of the Pro. You will love it.
I just got my memphis pro. When i turn it on for the first time do i have to press the prime button first. so do i turn the power switch on then press the prime button.. Thank you

Yes till you hear pellets falling. After using cheaper pellet smokers I was about to give up on them. Have had the pro for 1 1/2 years and love it. A true turn it on and forget about it. double wall construction and QUALITY controller holds temp even near zero ambient temps. Ran over 600lb of pellets through it with NO problems.

Reactions: Tomshea
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky