Memorial weekend smoke

Discussion in 'Pork' started by alan1414, May 26, 2015.

1. alan1414

alan1414 Newbie

I know Memorial Day isn't about the bbqs and store sales. I made sure to add a special prayer and moment of silence for all our fallen heros that fought for all the freedoms we have in this great country. My unit and I were blessed when we were in Afghanistan. With such a crazy mission we had we didn't suffer any losses. 

Now with my freedom smoke q-views. 

Pork Spare ribs and Pork Loin

Pork Picnic Roast. I love the color on this on this one. I was only able to get it to IT 175* I had somewhere to go so I took it out of the smoker and wrapped it for a rest. It didn't pull as easily as I would have liked but was still amazing.

Deer back strap. I never smoked Deer before but wanted to try it out. I soaked it in a brine overnight then rubbed it down. Smoked it to 145* then on to a rest. It was tender, moist and very flavorful. 

Another slab of ribs finished off with my Jalapeno bbq sauce made with pork drippings.

5# pork loin. This was my first loin. I pulled it at 155*. I wanted to pull it a little earlier but was cooking for the "is it done yet crowd" I'm sure everyone knows that crowd. It still came out delicious though. 

2. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That looks real tasty man ! And Thank You for your service !

3. crazymoon

crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

A1414, Looks like an excellent meal !

4. reinhard

reinhard Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great stuff!!!!! Thank you for serving our wonderful country!!! Reinhard

5. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Thank you for your time in Service to our Country . Proud to have Heros like you.[​IMG]

Very nice looking cook . Like the looks of your Loin and that Backstrap , Mmmmm.[​IMG]  Ribs look delicious and how about your Jalapeno sauce recipe [​IMG][​IMG]

Have fun and . . .