memorial weekend pork butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ajsmokes

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
Omaha, Ne.
Got a real busy weekend so I smoked my pork butt for Monday today.

Put the butt in a salt pepper and apple juice and cider brine yesterday. Got up this morning and put my rub on her. Got the smoker up to 230 and into the smoker she went. Smoked with apple wood all day.
Stuck a probe in about 6 hours into the smoke. And the bone started to loosen up.. After about 8 hours and an IT of 175 I put my butt in a pan and covered with foil and back in.
Once the IT was to 198 I pulled off the heat and in to cooler for an hour.
Afterwards pulled the bone with ease and pulled pork.. look that clean bone..

And the finished product.
Now into the fridge till Monday morning and time to reheat..

AJ,

Congrats on a great looking smoke. I also did a butt. I started it yesterday at 4:50 PM. It was 10.5 lbs and finished at 2:30 PM today. I smoked it at 230-240 deg. and it turned out great. I was a little surprised at the time in the smoker but the temp was what it was. We had our get together today and everything was outstanding. Hope yours turns out as well. It certainly looks good and I think you will have a fine outing. Good post and good pictures.

AJ,
     Congrats on a great looking smoke. I also did a butt. I started it yesterday at 4:50 PM. It was 10.5 lbs and finished at 2:30 PM today. I smoked it at 230-240 deg. and it turned out great. I was a little surprised at the time in the smoker but the temp was what it was. We had our get together today and everything was outstanding. Hope yours turns out as well. It certainly looks good and I think you will have a fine outing. Good post and good pictures.
Thank you much sir... I had to do a taste test. It's melts in the mouth..

Looks awesome and I'm sure tastes even better 
Looks-Great.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky