1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

memorial forum?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smokerjim, Jul 12, 2019.

1. smokerjim

smokerjim Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

seeing another member has passed, i've thought about this a while ago and maybe it's been brought up in the past but what does everyone think of a memorial page(forum) not sure how to say it, or if it's even possible. with the names of the members who have passed and maybe the year. this way they won't be forgotten. I know we probably won't know all the members who pass we would just think they just don't log in anymore. just a thought.

2. SecondHandSmoker

SecondHandSmoker Smoking Fanatic ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Jim,
    That is a splendid idea.

3. daveomak

daveomak Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

....................................... 1 thumbs up.jpg ..................

4. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Sounds good to me as well!
    Thanks for suggesting it, Jim!

5. I don't know if I'm a voting shareholder in the forum, but if I am... I vote to approve!

Great idea Jim!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  6. Angalfaria

Angalfaria Newbie

Beautiful idea Jim

7. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Epic Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I agree, great idea. SCARBELLY, Gary would be proud...JJ

8. Steve H

Steve H Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Sounds like a good idea.

9. drdon

drdon Fire Starter ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Agreed

10. Nice suggestion. At another forum I visit, the mods/admins started making a couple of edits to the member's account too. They'd change the status or rank to something like "Gone but not forgotten" and also adjust the account so it wouldn't eventually deactivate/purge from inactivity (I think move the latest signon date far into the future).

11. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

Excellent Idea, Jim!!
    There are a Few that I think of often, but an actual Memorial Forum would make it easy to visit them all.

Bear

12. smokerjim

smokerjim Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

thanks all, I wasn't sure if the idea would go over, I guess it would, not sure who would needed to be contacted to see if this can move forward, as bearcarver mentioned he knows a few and I think it would take all members to come forward with the names they remember if this gets off the ground,

13. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

I believe Piney, Brian, and Dutch know even more of them than I do, and They'll be the guys who can get it done. I have no doubt they like the idea too.

Bear

timstalltaletav likes this.
  14. pushok2018

pushok2018 Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Completely support your idea, Jim!!

15. GATOR240

GATOR240 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Excellent idea!

16. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Now that's a real good suggestion Jim.
    Gary