Member Status

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

graystratcat

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Hey guys, couple questions.  I'm new to the forum and did some searching before posting here, but can't seem to find the answers.  Was wondering if someone could help me out here.  Thanks in advance.

1. What does it take or how many posts does a person have to make before they can add a signature to their account/posts?

2. How long does a member have to be a member - or how many posts must be made - before posts with pictures don't have to be approved by a mod before making it to the post?

3. What is the tier system on this forum as to a member's 'rank' and how does one get to a different level?  i.e., "Newbie", "Fire Starter", "Smoke Blaster", et. al. ?

4. I see the site has a chat function but it doesn't really seem to work?  Is that because of my Newbie status?

Thanks!

-Salt

1. I believe the sig file feature comes with becoming a Premier member.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/payment.php

2.Usually after a week or so and some posts.

3. The more posts the higher you rise.

4 Chat here is kinda wonky..takes a bit of getting used to..Keep trying the button.

Craig

Hey guys, couple questions.  I'm new to the forum and did some searching before posting here, but can't seem to find the answers.  Was wondering if someone could help me out here.  Thanks in advance.

1. What does it take or how many posts does a person have to make before they can add a signature to their account/posts?

You are very close or over that number now

2. How long does a member have to be a member - or how many posts must be made - before posts with pictures don't have to be approved by a mod before making it to the post?

Again you are close or just past the required number

3. What is the tier system on this forum as to a member's 'rank' and how does one get to a different level?  i.e., "Newbie", "Fire Starter", "Smoke Blaster", et. al. ?

As Craig said it goes by numer of posts

4. I see the site has a chat function but it doesn't really seem to work?  Is that because of my Newbie status?

Chat works it's that usually nobody is in there untill the evenings

Thanks!

-Salt

icon_cool.gif

Now they should have set you straight on your needs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky