Mega Snowstorm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for the education. Heck down here in the south we get a heavy frost and the whole city shuts down...LOL. The snow you guys get is nice to look at....As long as I can stay cuddled up to a fire and drink coffee all day.
Jim
I understand about the “whole city shuts down” after a light snow. Around here 2 inches of snow, school is canceled and the whole city is in a frenzy to head to Walmarts to get milk n bread. Something I will never get used to, since I grew up in Northwest Indiana, where we got lake effect snow.

Reactions: JLeonard
Since we're discussing snow storms. Isn't it funny how our parents never bought a snow blower until the kids all moved out of the house. The same holds true for lawn mowers. I think I was 15 years old before my dad bought a lawn mower that had an engine. Then when I turned 19 and moved out of the house he bought a self-propelled lawn mower and a snow blower. Talk about child labor.

Chris

Sounds like a good excuse to have a big ol' smoker rolling to smoke some turkeys etc. just about the time it hits ... and keep a path beat down to it going back and forth to get more beverage!

So did my place in Pike county but all gone now

I remember in the old days, when we'd go to Pike County for the first day of Trout Fishing. That was mid-April, and we'd find dozens of deer laying dead on the high areas of the forest. Some were actually laying dead on top of each other.
I remember my Dad telling me that deer go to high ground before storms. Then they eat everything they can reach. Then many used to die of starvation. The young were first to go, because they couldn't reach as high as larger deer, when they browse. Then more big storms would come through, which is how some died on top of others. First deer die----Then Big snows covering dead deer-----More Deer dying on top------
More big Snows-----More Death---------
Then in Spring, when we'd get there for fishing, the stink of all the dead deer would show us where they were. It was sad.
I remember seeing one half dead deer body stuck in the "Y" of a tree, where something had tried to drag it away from the rest of the bodies.

Bear

• Wow
Reactions: mneeley490
Storm to the north of us.

Since i didn't have to work today, brother in law replacing my glass top electric with gas range.

Had planned on installing it tomorrow, but why not today?

No natural gas available by me, so had it converted to propane...

Indoor pressure canning in the near future!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
We had 6 inches from that storm. Almost all gone now.

That's what I thought---It looked like your area got a lot more than ours did with that one!! LOL----You needed it more---You were kinda "Snow-starved".

Bear

Last edited:
Band staying north of me!
FB_IMG_1668877412862.jpg

A friend lives in Hamburg, where he reports just over 60 inches....so far. Spent the last two days keeping the furnace direct vent cleared out after it got buried and alarmed out. Meanwhile, the Tug gets no press, but the same amount of snow. Bill, is deer season over in the Nortern Zone? All that snow, and the trails can't open until deer season's over. Correct?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky