Mega Platter Of Multicultural Nachos (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Yesterday was complete insanity with work. As dinner time was looming I decided to just do something simple: grill up some Bratwursts and serve them on tortillas with sauerkraut, cheese, and spicy mustard. Tracy loves these brats but had a different idea on how to approach serving them. As we were discussing it, the idea evolved into something totally off the wall, but man oh man it was good!! A great big loaded up nacho plate.

Got the brats out and defrosted.
001.jpg

Tossed three of them on the grill. While they were going I cut up some onions and jalapenos and heated a can of Hormel all meat chili
002.jpg

Got out the 14" CI pizza pan. Loaded on some tortilla chips, chili, and sliced bratwurst
004.jpg

Add onions and jalapenos
005.jpg

Pile on the shredded cheddar cheese
006.jpg

Another full layer of chips, chili, brats, onions, and jalapenos
007.jpg

And of course another round of cheese
008.jpg

Onto the pre heated grill at about 375*
010.jpg

15 minutes later they are heated through and the cheese melted
013.jpg

Close up to see all the goodies layered together
015.jpg

We both love a good nacho plate but I hate going into a restaurant and ordering them. All you get is a massive pile of chips with only a little bit of stuff piled on top. These were spread out and layered so that you got goodies in every bite. No searching for the fun stuff and trying to get it on a chip only to get to the end and all you have is a pile of chips with nothing on them. These were really good!! I'd have never thought to use bratwurst in a nacho plate but it came out great!! I can certainly see another round of these in the near future. What's funny is that Tracy thought I'd made enough for half the neighborhood. We sat there for a good long time and just kept nibbling after we were "finished" with dinner and next thing you knew there was only a little left for her lunch today. We ate almost every bit of them. Oh well, gonna call this one done. It was fun, interesting, and extremely good!!

See y'all next time,
Robert

That is a plate full of delicious right there! Hard to beat chili, cheese and sausage / brats.

Looks Great, Robert !!
I could only eat that if the onions are Well Done or gone, but the rest is awesome!!
That Bratwurst looks to be just like the Hillshire Smoked Sausage we get, and I love them like Crazy!!
Like.

Bear

Looks fabulous! I can see why you almost ate all of them!

Ryan

My wife has nachos up to 4 times per week. The like is for her.
I eat them maybe 4 times per year?
I love the ingredients, just not in nacho form.
I could only eat that if the onions are Well Done or gone, but the rest is awesome!!
My wife agrees with you on raw onions. She even gags when I pull out my pickled onions.

Great idea Robert. Another excellent creation, yet simple enough that "regular" people like me can make it.
I agree, nachos in a restaurant have very little goodies throughout. Great job, glad you all enjoyed it.

Oh Man thats what I’m talking about. Those look great

Thanks so much!! They came out better than I thought they would.

That is a plate full of delicious right there! Hard to beat chili, cheese and sausage / brats.

Appreciate it Jeff. It was an interesting combination but all came together very well.

My kind of dinner right there. Wash down with a couple beers and you are set

Was good stuff....and do you need to question beer in my diet? Nah...you know it's gonna be there :emoji_wink:

Now that's one fine looking plate of gooey goodness right there Robert, Like!

Thank you Ray!! And thanks for the like.

Robert

Yes Sir Robert! looks darn good.

Thank you Jim. I was kinda happy with the way they looked...and tasted.

Oh yea! Load me up a plate!! Nice work man!

Believe me Travis, I was thinking about one of your sandwiches while these were piling up :emoji_laughing:

That Bratwurst looks to be just like the Hillshire Smoked Sausage we get, and I love them like Crazy!!

Thank you Bear. I've eaten a ton of Hillshire Farms stuff and it's all been good. These however are far more flavorful with regard to brats. There are several of the HF sausages I work with regularly.

Those are some killer looking nachos Robert! I’d devour those in a heartbeat!

Thank you Joe...and we pretty much did devour them.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky