Mediterranean Grilled Swordfish Steaks, Pasta, and Caesar Salad...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Quick meal at the firehouse tonight. My buddy that guides offshore had clients fishing last Saturday and they caught 2 swordfish 120 and 135#; flew home and left the fillets. Guide buddy gave us a gallon bag of loins. Got to eat 'em fresh....
IMG_20210603_174326.jpg

Real simple seasoning:
Cumin, Coriander, Paprika, Salt, Cayenne, Garlic, Lemon, olive oil.
IMG_20210603_173943.jpg

Make a paste in a blender.
IMG_20210603_174159.jpg

Coat 1-1 1/4" steaks and let sit 15 minutes while you heat up the grill...
IMG_20210603_175850.jpg

Place on grill marinate down then coat the other side...

Q-view:
IMG_20210603_182943.jpg

The plate:
IMG_20210603_183300.jpg

Looks tasty! I've only had swordfish a few times. It is $$ up here.
Thanks Steve! Swordfish is $25-30/pound here...if you can find it. And nowhere near as fresh as what we ate. That was a 3# bag of loins my buddy gave us.....

Nice score on the Swordfish. Plate looks great. It is one of my favorite fish to have.
Salt and pepper lemon juice ....im there for that

David
Thanks David! It was good, but I like cobia much better...

Ooooh! That looks tasty. Swordfish is one of my favorites ... just not readily available in rural southern Indiana. I'll take 2 of those!!

I've never tried swordfish, but man that plate looks fabulous.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks Awesome, like all your Fish does, Inda!!
Had some Swordfish a couple years ago, that Bear Jr caught. Loved It.
When I was a Kid, I caught a 241 pound Blue Marlin while I was stationed on Oahu.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Ooooh! That looks tasty. Swordfish is one of my favorites ... just not readily available in rural southern Indiana. I'll take 2 of those!!
Thanks SG!

Looks like a great meal!
Jim
Thanks Jim!

Heck yeah bud looks amazing. Plate me up!
Thanks Jake!

Great looking steaks inda. Ahh, been waaay to long since I've been blue water fishing.

Wahoo is my fave.
Thanks moto! Wahoo is up there too! Very good fish!

looks great, wish i lived a little closer to the coast i do love seafood.
Thanks jim! I do feel blessed to live close to the ocean!

Very nice looking steaks, great meal !
Thanks Waterrat!

I've never tried swordfish, but man that plate looks fabulous.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! Swordfish is a very dense fish flesh....I like to call it the pork chop of the sea.

Looks Awesome, like all your Fish does, Inda!!
Had some Swordfish a couple years ago, that Bear Jr caught. Loved It.
When I was a Kid, I caught a 241 pound Blue Marlin while I was stationed on Oahu.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear, you are too kind!
I've never caught a marlin. Did catch a sailfish when I was in college. I stayed on a shrimp boat in the gulf for 2 weeks. When they pulled the nets up and started throwing over bicatch, all the fish that were following under the boat would go into a feeding frenzy. I'd grab a bucket and go around the boat baiting the hand lines and throwing them over. Then with a cut proof glove on one hand, gaff in the other, I'd go around pulling fish into the boat....Almaco Jacks, Cobia, blackfin tuna, king macks, and every once in a while, yellowfin tuna. We were 50-75 miles offshore.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky