Meco electric smoker help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinmikey

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 26, 2017
Southern CAL Palm Desert
I have been away due to MRSA infection after hip surgery and 7 operations plus a broken femur. A along 3 years os hospitals and rehab, anyway. I had bad luck trying to smoke salmon with charcoal so I am trying the electric route after buying a controller. I am planning on using the amazen tube smoke generator after numerous positive reviews. I am still torn between what to smoke, either salmon or ribs etc. I am leaning toward salmon and using a simple brine of sale and brown sugar. Will the tube smoker provide adequate smoke for a salmon filet say 2 lbs from Costco. Thanks for hints and this is one great forum.

Bummer about the health issue, glad your on the mend. The tube will provide enough smoke for either. Be careful not to oversmoke if you go with salmon.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky