Meatloaf Recipe Please

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here's one of mine, you don't have to add the pork:

Chris

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
For meatloaf, I don't really have a set recipe, but it always contains the following ingredients: meat (all beef, beef and homemade breakfast or Italian sausage, or beef and ground bacon trim), eggs, breadcrumbs, chopped onion, chopped green pepper, ketchup, and sometimes some chopped mushrooms. I've made so many that I don't really measure anything, I know when it's right.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
2 pounds GB
SPOG. I just wing it.
2 large eggs
1 cup crushed ritz crackers
1/2 cup milk
1 small onion finely diced
Mix together. Don't over mix.
Separate into 2 pieces.
Place one piece in bottom of meatloaf pan.
On top of that place sliced deli ham on it
Then layer of swiss cheese
Place second piece of GB mixture on top.
Bake. Or smoke away.
We call it meatloaf cordon bleu!

Morning Brian , I know you will get alot of great recipes for a Meatloaf. So here is another to add to your reading list. 99 % of the time I only use beef for meatloaf, but have been known to mix it up.

This one was just beef. Good luck finding one that you will use.

Happy New Years to you Brian

David

I've had luck with this - always varying it a bit :)

Thanks for the replies. All of them sound good. I will be bookmarking this thread and trying them in the future but I think I am going with the Jacked up one this time.

I've made it following TNJAKE TNJAKE thread and really liked it!

Ryan
I forgot about that one. I have made it and was very good.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Like DougE I don't really have a recipe. Same with my chili and other things so, like them, it's never the same twice.

Gotta have ground meat, diced onions and peppers - usually frozen trinity that's allowed to thaw b4 use. Bread crumbs(Panko) or quick cook rolled oats. Eggs, ketchup, Woo, and soy sauces. Season to taste, mix, and cook in the oven, grill, or pit.

Reactions: tallbm
I want to make a smoked meatloaf using just beef. Hit me with your recipe!
I don't have direct measurements and amounts so can't give you my meatloaf recipe (my mothers actually) but it is amazing and I use it for smoked meatloaf as well.

What I CAN offer up is your meatloaf will be way more amazing if you use Knorr brand Beef Bullion or Better than Bullion beef instead of Salt.

Also other things that make the meatloaf amazing are to use a little tomato sauce mixed in with everything else. This replaces the direct need or desire for ketchup (which I do not care for anyhow on meatloaf) and still allows people to pour ketchup or bbq sauce on the meatloaf after.

Finally, a little bit of cumin really adds some good flavor. Not so much cumin to turn it into a southwest meatloaf but enough to give it character and good flavor so it doesn't taste like simple baked hamburger. Diced green bell pepper and onion go a loooooong way into flavoring and making it a meatloaf vs a ground hamburger.

Finally, finally, (lol) I have converted to making mini individual meatloaves instead of 1 giant meatloaf.
  • you get more of that great barky flavor and texture
  • it smokes up much faster
  • it's way more flavorful with smoke flavor
  • everyone gets their own little whole mini meatloaf
  • it's easier to vac seal and save mini loaves for meatloaf for a later date (which you will want).
Here's a post I did about mine. It doesn't have measurements but mentions the ingredients used and has pics to show you what I mean. I'll post pics below as well. I hope this gives some additional good ideas :)

(1 liter club soda bottle for size comparison)
full.jpg
full.jpg

2 pounds GB
SPOG. I just wing it.
2 large eggs
1 cup crushed ritz crackers
1/2 cup milk
1 small onion finely diced
Mix together. Don't over mix.
Separate into 2 pieces.
Place one piece in bottom of meatloaf pan.
On top of that place sliced deli ham on it
Then layer of swiss cheese
Place second piece of GB mixture on top.
Bake. Or smoke away.
We call it meatloaf cordon bleu!
I use the Ritz crackers also
I do not put in a pan when going on the smoker, I want more “bark”. Last 20 minutes glaze with your favorite BBQ sauce.

I usually make 3 loaves and freeze 2. The ones going into freezer don’t get the glaze until I reheat them in the oven.

I have a wonderful meatloaf recipe, but it’s not all beef. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
Al

Sorry but my recipe has Hot Italian sausage in it, but I put the link in anyway.

Reactions: jcam222
I use the Ritz crackers also
I do not put in a pan when going on the smoker, I want more “bark”. Last 20 minutes glaze with your favorite BBQ sauce.

I usually make 3 loaves and freeze 2. The ones going into freezer don’t get the glaze until I reheat them in the oven.
If I'm smoking it. I won't use a meatloaf pan either for the same reason.

Sorry but my recipe has Hot Italian sausage in it, but I put the link in anyway.
I made one of yours that was real good. I think it had plabano peppers in it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky