Meatloaf is dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
Enjoying my last day of vacation before I hqve to go back to work tomorroe, thought, hmmm meatloaf would be good tonite.

Had a package of ground beef in the fridge needed to have something done with it, so took about a pound of the ground beef, a pound of ground turkey and about half a pound of breakfast sausage, tossed in an egg, some panko, some rub and a splash of bbq sauce.

Heated up the MES to 250 and tossed in some apple chips, been in since 1, sitting at 145 at the moment.

Few minutes ago mixed up a cup of bbq sauce, 1/4 bourbon, tablespoon of honey and brown sugar for a glaze. Poured it over the loaf and will let it finish smoking to 160ish.

Probably pair it with some mac and cheese and a veggie.

Also had some fresh pecans, so made up a chocolate bourbon pecan pie for afterwards.

20210103_153154.jpg

20210103_155105.jpg

Looks and sounds real good Kevin, I love smoked meatloaf.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Kevin DeShazo
Nice Job Old Guy!!
I say that, because I just notice you're about 2 months older than My Son "Bear Jr".
Pie looks Beautiful too!!

Bear

Reactions: Kevin DeShazo
Peachy, got it from some guy who likes to hang around here some.

Thanks guys for the likes and comments

Bear, all good, there are days, Id call myself old.

• Haha
Reactions: smokin peachey
Looks good. I feel your pain I’m back to the grind tomorrow too!! Settled for a chicken Caesar salad due to the amount of alcohol and fat snacks I chose to inhale during my time off hahaha

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Beautiful piece of work Kevin, that glaze you made on the Loaf of Life looks to be a real keeper, as does that beautiful pecan pie, Like! RAY

Wow Kevin. I guess it's true that great minds drink...er..uh..think alike. I tend to use bourbon a lot of sauces and gravies. I too have a meatloaf on the Weber right now that's basted with a bourbon gravy. Gonna be different but should be pretty tasty. Yours looks excellent!! Nice job sir.

Robert

Looks excellent Kevin ! I need to do another one, it's been awhile

Ryan

Smoked meatloaf has kinda become a staple for us. The loose texture of the ground beef allows the smoke to easily penetrate. Gotta be careful not to overdo it.

Looks great! Too much snow to get outside, but your meatloaf was inspirational. Mentioned it to my Wife and see immediately replied, " I'll get what we need tomorrow! "...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky