Meatloaf Anyone?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

39Buick

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 28, 2020
I did my first meatloaf today and have to say that i was extreamly pleased with the results! IMG-3299.JPG
covered the top in bacon, cause everything is better with bacon!
IMG-3299.JPG
IMG-3300.JPG
IMG-3301.JPG
IMG-3302.JPG

Loving the loaf! Nice work. FYI- I have found they freeze pretty well too. I haven't tried one with bacon but you may have changed my mind. Like!

Reactions: 39Buick
Great looking meatloaf. I'm sure now you will smoke them more often. We smoke almost all our meatloaf's. Make deer burger, turkey & ham meatloaf.

I appreciate all of the comments and likes! I will absolutely be doing them again. I used about 4 pounds of ground chuck and did 2 loafs. Wrapped one and delivered it to my parents front porch! Hated not getting my hugs but these are trying times! I got 3 phone calls last evening so they must have enjoyed it!

Awesome looking meatloaf!
I was thinking of making a small one myself today!
I use a combo of Hot Italian sausage & ground brisket.
Nice work!
Al

I do a mix of venison with the hot italian also. It definitely adds a great flavor. Hmmm.... time to check the freezer now. :)

venison with the hot italian
Does the Hot Italian tame the venison? I mixed a batch of snack sticks while I was cooking the meatloaf and just stuffed them today. My fry pan sample was really gamey tasting for some reason!

Does the Hot Italian tame the venison? I mixed a batch of snack sticks while I was cooking the meatloaf and just stuffed them today. My fry pan sample was really gamey tasting for some reason!
I find its a nice addition to the venison that needs some fat anyways. I actually made some homemade venison italian sausage that I used in my last batch. I also switched to using stuffing instead of breadcrumbs. Really like those as well. Good luck!

39Buick that looks really good.

I will be doing a venison/hot Italian sausage meatloaf tomorrow. The ground venison has ground bacon mix in it. Going to use Jeff's "Smoked Meatloaf - Better than Ever" recipe I will post the results. Can't wait to try this.

Nice not sure what the recipe was did u unwrap from the foil before cooking? If so nice...
Used a recipe my wife uses but added a rub seasoning to the loaf prior to putting the bacon on top and a slathering of Sweet baby Rays original. Foil on the bottom was to keep it from sinking into the rack of the smoker. I don't have any of those fancy pans for these yet!

konk konk Looking forward to seeing your results!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky