Meat Thermometers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Oberski12

Original poster
Jul 16, 2018
Seal Beach, CA
Hi out there newbie here wanting everyone's thoughts

Currently using I-Grill 2 with 1 - ambient 3- meat probes

As looking for more then 4 probes with more range then I have on my I-grill temp probes that run on Bluetooth! Looking for something with 6-8 probes, on WiFi or direct signal with good range to track temperatures!

Please let me know what your thought are or em I just over thinking it and wasting my time wanting better temp control unit?

Thank you for everyone's time!

Fireboard is the way to go. Am using mine right now while at the beach and am able to be inside and know exactly what’s going on!

You can have up to 6 probes running at once and all data is saved on the cloud for free.

I have the one with only 3 probes, but if needed it has the capacity for 6. And I understand they have an option to control a Guru fan now too. Mine is about 1 year old & is one of the first ones out. So far it has not given me any problems.

Well bit the bullet and and just purchased the FIRE-BOARD EXTREME 6 PROBE with the 4 pack of probe storage and protective case! Hopefully this is as amazing as everyone says! Thank you again for help this matter!

Oberski,

You will love it for sure. I just got the $189 version and would love to get another ambient probe and meat thermometer. Not sure I would use more than that but two air temp probes would be nice for my larger smoker, just to know what the exact temp differences are.
I’ve also had to call them a few times and their crew is great! Very helpful and have resolved all of the mostly user error issues I’ve had

Well my Fireboard just arrived will be cooking 4 pork shoulders, 4 whole chickens, 1 23 lbs brisket next Friday really looking forward to see how this unit works! Thank you everyone of all there help on this purchase :-)

go ahead and test/calibrate all probes while waiting for the big cook... get a pot of water to a rolling boil (high) and hold probes in the water (without touching bottom/sides)... should read close to 212`.. pending your location...

Okay finally had a chance to play with the Fireboard last night! This is by far the best unit on the market!

I set up a pot of boiling water to test the probes. Which thank you ( JckDanls07 ) for the tip! The unit on meat probes read 211.6 to 212.1 on all 6 probes!!!! On the ambien probes they both ready 211.9 to 212.1.

The unit was super simple to set up and will be looking forward to testing it out on a catering job on Friday! If anyone looking for temp system this would be great option to look at. i would give it a 5 star rating!

Here's the link to purchase this awesome unit if any one it interest!
https://www.fireboard.com/

Im new to the Forums, recently purchased a new smoker. I had never used anything but an instant read thermometer for over 15 years of smoking. When I bought my OKJ Factory RF Longhorn and started looking for thermometers set ups... It took me longer to decide than on the smoker. LOL

I too went with Fireboard Extreme, the Drive cable and their fan. I looked at the competitors, the apps or online formats were so basic and elementary. Their devices looked cheap (and a little lame actually). And from reading some reviews some were difficult.

Fireboard has been amazing and Ive used it 3 times. Once in the oven, once seasoning my smoker (w/ Fan) and one cook on my smoker (w/ fan). I cant wait to use it again this weekend. Makes me want to cook more on the smoker!

Im a huge fan of their product, and happy I went with it over the competitors.

I've been researching a WIFI/cloud thermo so I could monitor temps from anywhere/everywhere. You all have definitely convinced me that Fireboard is the way to go. Now where is that credit card......?

Reactions: Xendau
Okay been playing with this FireBoard temp probes thinn now for few hours. I’ve got to say this is awesome by far the best unit on the market. The app is amazing great i was away for hour at the store was getting updates every now and then works great.

Attachments

• EE9EC69A-5656-41BE-9032-E0EBBBAAC665.jpeg
    EE9EC69A-5656-41BE-9032-E0EBBBAAC665.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 5059D731-3C89-4E1B-8F62-A706E4CA1D1C.jpeg
    5059D731-3C89-4E1B-8F62-A706E4CA1D1C.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 28
  • A12DCD4E-D0CE-4E97-A695-8E892910B292.jpeg
    A12DCD4E-D0CE-4E97-A695-8E892910B292.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: Xendau
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky