meat slicer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lathrop

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
Port Townsend, Washington
I am looking to buy a cheap meat slicer. And am looking for recommendations. My most common use is to slice hard salami. The salami that I buy is truly hard.

A sharp knife is about as cheap as you can get. Beyond that, I would look for something with a good warranty. Weston, LEM, and of course the models from Chef's Choice are good starting places. Going cheap often begets problems.

I moved to using the Chef's Choice 615 with the smooth blade. I highly recommend it for the fact that it works well and is MUCH easier to clean then other options.

Reactions: yankee2bbq
A sharp knife is about as cheap as you can get. Beyond that, I would look for something with a good warranty. Weston, LEM, and of course the models from Chef's Choice are good starting places. Going cheap often begets problems.
I AM CURRENTLY USING THE SHARP KNIFE APPROACH. i WOULD LIKE SOMETHING THAT WILL GIVE REALLY THIN SLICES. NOTICED tHAT i CAN GET REFURBED WAREINGS ON LINE AND THAT THEY PROVIDE PARTS. HAS ANY ONE USED ONE. tHERE ARE SOME OLD LINE CO. NAMES STILL AROUND.

I ordered a Waring "factory Refurb" The feed slide was really sticky. and the blade wobbled a bit. I oiled the slide and it worked OK not perfect. I slice some hard salami and it does Ok. not great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky