Meat Slicer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon

I hear LEM makes a great slicer. :)
Water powered?     
biggrin.gif

Looks very similar to my Globe 10". The angle is way steeper than mine so it will have some good gravity feed.

The only thing I don't like about mine is it takes up a lot of real estate.

I'm not in the industry, but it looks like FMA is associated with Omcan and they both have plenty of commercial equipment out there. If the price is right, it's in your budget and you have space to store it, I don't think you'll regret buying it..

It appears to be a very well made slicer.

The price is certainly very good for a 10" slicer.

Al

They seem to have a good reputation and Lisa's price is about $100 less than everywhere else.

May have to pull the trigger...

Had to check out the most active thread only to find it was a long time ago, so I guess there are allot of people looking at Slicers

I bought mine here, have yet to use it, but it is out of the box and seems very well built, it also has a 1/4 hp motor, so a little more power than the one here in this thread, but other than that most likely the same, this one does have the blade sharpener included and looks as if it will perform very well for the purposes I have in store which will be Jerky and maybe slicing some meats for sandwiches  :)
It is a nice looking slicer and heavy, so at least I know it is made fairly well, I have put it thru motions and it appears to be a nice affordable piece.
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/ava...rm=177SL310&utm_campaign=restaurant equipment  

Here is a pic I downloaded

That arm for the gravity feed will go back near 180 degrees and has a catch that will hold it out and away for freehand operation, it is very sturdy and disassembles very quickly, cannot wait to actually slice something with it LOL, it has the 4 rubber soft feet, sticks very well to every surface I have had it on which was metal, finished wood and counter top, now I just need to go get a small roast just so I can slice some sandwich meat  :)

Another thing I need to consider is that we buy all, yes all of our cheese bulk. The big mega blocks. It would be nice to also be able to slice cheese. Gonna have to research this a bit. Not sure that this unit can handle that abuse.

Another thing I need to consider is that we buy all, yes all of our cheese bulk. The big mega blocks. It would be nice to also be able to slice cheese. Gonna have to research this a bit. Not sure that this unit can handle that abuse.
DS, 

I think it can but not the hard cheeses ????
I read the reviews and it seems quite a few were using for cheese, and I think the manufacturer eludes to cheeses but not hard cheeses, I do not even know what a hard cheese is, I would figure some sort of cheddar but I do not know cheeses............except my favs of course hehehe

I got this one because of a combination of reasons, appeared to be well built, and had a nice size tray, 10" so middle of the road on blades, but the big one I was trying for along with price and size is the 1/4 hp, there are some other models that are better priced but they have cheapie motors, others that were higher priced than this but did not have a large tray or they were cheap as well, I also look at units weight when looking at these, I was scared a little because I did not know what I was getting but when it got here I was pleased, it is heavy, for the price very well built, I have worked on many commercial units for restaurants and this seems to have that same build just a little smaller footprint, but for the money and the return policy I was willing to take a risk, and not having used it yet, soon for Jerky, I could not honestly say how it operates, but I think it will do fine, for sandwich meats from roasts and such, small steaks for dinner servings of roast and gravy etc.
And they gave me free shipping on the item as well, along with the price, I was happy, but when I got to pick it up and feel what a tank it was I was even happier, not sure about the cheese but I will have to go get a little ham and slice it up and report back, but I can tell it will be fine, and compared to the competition I think it is one of the better deals, if I was rich, I would get me one of those $8K + Slicers and name my Barn "Beverly Hills Smokin"  

Last edited:
They have a serious selection in there, but you know the price just keeps climbing, I was looking for economical yet a good product and I think I got both this time, it is definitely well built, do not see any reason it will not perform well.

What do you do with all that cheese, do you sell it ??? Or do you have a cheese cellar, if so, if I go off the grid one day can I come stay with you for a while hehehe  

What do you slice your cheese with now?

I've yet to slice any cheese with my Globe but I'm pretty sure it would do it well. The nice thing about this type of slicer is there is very little blade face in contact with the product therefore minimizing drag while the 10" "fly wheel" helps to retain the speed.

I've run belly bacon, BBB, roast beef, pastramis of all sorts now and I have never heard my slicer groan under the load at all.

Stop talking yourself out of it Case.. You'll love it!

Currently I use a knife or a wire cheese cutter
Wire should work real good and do not have to replace belts hehehe
I have to be careful, one thing at a time lol, chicken, CSR's, got some Brisket coming soon to try out, then some BACON !, and the funny part is I got all this stuff to make Jerky and have not made it yet, I am not ready for cheese lol, but I do love it.

You did not tell me, all that bulk cheese, do you smoke and eat it all or sell some ?

Got a Club Diner that wants me to smoke them chicken hehehe, waiting to hear the final word, my son made some chicken salad out of my hickory smoked split breasts and he said his boss went nuts and wants to buy some from me, they use liquid smoke ewwwwwwwwwwwww, I see the price of chicken rising ROFLOL

That looks just like my slicer from Gander Mt. Except mine is a 9". GM had it on sale last fall for $180. Slices everything from bacon to cheese with ease.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky