Meat Slicer, Witch One, Witch One

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I went with the Waring Pro for right around $100 a couple of years ago. It is a strong enough slicer that cleans up easily. I think it has a 7 1/2" balde and a slightly bigger motor than most in that $$$ range. No complaints so far.

I bought cabelas cheaper model 2 years ago.a 100 $ unit and cant complain at all.
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

GatorCamper
That is the model we have, purchased it at a local FleetFarm for $80 over 2 years ago and have sliced many pounds of venison, buffalo and elk bacon, chopped ham, jerky slices, tenderloin, etc. Ours was a after Thanksgiving day special at the local FleetFarm.

We have ran it quite a bit and it seems to be a good worker. It is an easy to clean up unit, light weight and very portable. I have looked into back up blades, but have not purchased any as they tend to be quite expensive compared to the price of the slicer.

Before that we were slicing with a $3 electric Rival (for the money spent; awesome) we got at a garage sale. It worked fine but we just felt the need to upgrade. Now it is our backup !!!

I don't have a meat slicer...yet, but that looks like a good one for home use. To me the most importaint factor would be ease of cleanup. If you get this model how about giving us a review.

How do you slice chopped ham? Isn't that a little dangerous trying to slice little cubes of ham?
biggrin.gif

Bob the noob
Nice catch !!! I should rephrase; processed chopped ham. I smoke up 5 lb. chunks of it ($1.99 per pound at Walmart) and slice it up for breakfast sandwiches.
P.S.
Looks like I am gonna have to watch my phrasing around you !!!

I asked sharp-all,co. that does out saw blades-he said ya he can put a edge on it- and ya sounds like a good slicer.I have a older rival,real workhorse

When you get it and try it out, let us know how you like it! Give it a good test! I'm considering buying one to slice home made chipped beef (SOS) on.

Did you buy one? And if so, how is it? I'm looking for one also! Anyone else have comments about the Chef's Choice 610 model, or have bought a different model you prefer better?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky