Meat Mixer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
After having 3 LEM meat mixers and returning all of them and telling LEM about the bushings shaving brass in the meat I said now more meat mixers for me.
(I dont know if LEM ever addressed the bushing issue)

Anyways

My wife bought me one.
Hakka with a gear box.

Guess its SS time to try it out.
IMG_5157.JPG

After having 3 LEM meat mixers and returning all of them and telling LEM about the bushings shaving brass in the meat I said now more meat mixers for me.
(I dont know if LEM ever addressed the bushing issue)

Anyways

My wife bought me one.
Hakka with a gear box.

Guess its SS time to try it out.
View attachment 677801
Gluck with it.
If it doesn't work out let us know and we can discuss 13A corded drills, mud mixer paddles, and a cooler for a good mixing method :D

I have to get through this 4 day craft show first.

Reactions: tallbm
I bought that one last year except it was the 30 pound model, I think its ok for 12-15# batches, it doesnt get the meat in the corners so you have to stop and stir that in by hand, and it gets stuck up the sides so you have to push that down as well. beats frozen hands though. I will say that a small batch (6#) didnt work very well, not enough mass to keep things moving through, and is a waste considering it takes longer to disassemble for cleaning that just mixing by hand.

Reactions: tallbm
So far it's working good. No brass bushing shaving, the gear crank is pretty smooth. Paddle removes easy. Says 15 lbs but 12 was about it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky