Meat Mixer Advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tripleq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 13, 2016
S Florida (Jupiter)
Hey guys, Im thinking of buying a meat mixer, I am doing 30 to 40 lbs of poultry a month for the raw dog food thing, plus hamburger for me and I hope to start doing sausage .

Im zeroing in on the LEM tilting mixers and they come in two sizes, 25 & 50 pounders.  Here is my question, Im wondering if working with 40+ pounds of ground meat at once is a bit much and would I be better off working two 20 lbs batches?  

And do the larger mixers work well with smaller amounts?

wb

I have a 20 lb Cabela's mixer.  It works pretty good, and does okay on my normal 10 lb batches too.  It will work even better once I get rid of the suction cup feet and screw it to a board that I can clamp to the table.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky