• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Meat Mixer Advice

tripleq

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 13, 2016
Hey guys, Im thinking of buying a meat mixer, I am doing 30 to 40 lbs of poultry a month for the raw dog food thing, plus hamburger for me and I hope to start doing sausage .

Im zeroing in on the LEM tilting mixers and they come in two sizes, 25 & 50 pounders.  Here is my question, Im wondering if working with 40+ pounds of ground meat at once is a bit much and would I be better off working two 20 lbs batches?  

And do the larger mixers work well with smaller amounts?

wb

crazymoon

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 24, 2014
TQ, I have a cabelas 50# mixer(non tilt). I don't think it mixes well without at least 20# in it.

rca dog

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 10, 2016
I have a 20 lb Cabela's mixer.  It works pretty good, and does okay on my normal 10 lb batches too.  It will work even better once I get rid of the suction cup feet and screw it to a board that I can clamp to the table.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.