Meat Loaf Wrapped around Loaded Mashed Potatoes, mushroom gravy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man that is gorgeous. Bryce, my 15yo bottomless pit, was saying we havent smoked a meatloaf in a while. This would be right down his alley.

Now a technical question...When you roll and seal the meat...Do you go from edge to edge or bring it to the center and seal? I'm intrigued with the mashed taters in the center.

Jim

Thanks Jim for the WoW and the comment

It was great , I also love smoked meatloaf
Now for your question , I think this is what you are asking, when I roll it I make sure the long seam from left to right ends up on the bottom of the roll. That will help hold that together. Then I just pinch the ends closed as I stayed back from the edges with the fillers. So enough meat to just pinch it on the ends.

If this is not what you wanted , just ask , lol

David

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
What a great idea, David!! Kinda like an inside out shepherd's pie.
Love it.
Gary

Thanks Gary for the WoW and the comment

Yes it kind of is. When I was thinking of what I wanted to make and I had 3 things in mind ,
smoked Shepard's Pie was 1 of them.
But ended up with this . Glad I did .

David

David, DRKsmoking DRKsmoking , Yes sir you answered my question exactly. After I posted it I was like..."Does that make any sense at all?".....LOL.
Jim

All good Jim , happy you think it is worth trying for your son the bottomless pit.
I have one of those ( well used to , he has long since move away. )
We used to call him our Seagull , as he would just float through the kitchen and fill up his arms and off to his room.

David

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Like I just mentioned to Ray , can't stop picking at it . Going to fry up a couple slices for a couple sandwiches , than a big nap. It was cold working outside today.

This even looks good cold. will be better in the frying pan soon

DSC_6181.JPG
DSC_6182.JPG

Glad everyone likes it

Thank you

David

Hmmm.....I mean yummmm :) I've done a number of stuffed meatloaf with cheese and some lovely Jack Daniels sauce, stuffed with cheeses, but I must say I haven't considered stuffing with mashed! This one is a definite on my list to make - it looks fantastic!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Hmmm.....I mean yummmm :) I've done a number of stuffed meatloaf with cheese and some lovely Jack Daniels sauce, stuffed with cheeses, but I must say I haven't considered stuffing with mashed! This one is a definite on my list to make - it looks fantastic!

Thanks for the comment

It was good and flavourful. Give it a whirl:emoji_cloud_tornado::emoji_cloud_tornado:.

I like to do a lot of different things with potatoes

David

Well like I mentioned I had to have a fried meatloaf sandwich, Thought I was going to shove 2 down my neck. But eyes bigger than my belly
Had 1 nice sandwich with the gravy ninus the mushrooms, and tomato. Very nice . Getting full so just ate the other one on plate with mustard and a fork.

DSC_6190.JPG . DSC_6191.JPG
DSC_6192.JPG

David

Jesus David, that just looks and sounds crazy good. What an over-the-top creative meal. Honestly, your creativity never ceases to amaze me. You turn out some of the most amazing meals and this is yet another in a long string of them. Very well done my friend.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Jesus David, that just looks and sounds crazy good. What an over-the-top creative meal. Honestly, your creativity never ceases to amaze me. You turn out some of the most amazing meals and this is yet another in a long string of them. Very well done my friend.

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

I thought you and Ryan ( Brokenhandle Brokenhandle ) would like the gravy addition to the meal, lol
I do love my potatoes and a smoked meatloaf wrapped around the loaded potatoes was on tap . Worked out very good with lots of flavours
And thank you for the very kind words.
Wait until you see what I have planned for next week, If I can find the item I want to use .

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky