Meat band saw

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Anyone know anything about this brand? Local Rural King has them. Ive been wanting a band saw for small projects . this one seems like a killer price but if its a pile of junk I'll stay away from it.
Screenshot_20210123-171156~2.png

You are making me feel really lazy. When I harvest game I drop it off at a processor. Or are you using it for cattle?
We butcher hogs often and deer. I dont do my own beef because I dont have a good place to hang something that size yet.

Looks like a great deal to me. I'd suggest ensuring replacement blades are available and reasonably priced.

That was a serious comment. This next one is possibly ridiculously silly....do you home butchers ever use the same band saw for carpentry projects? I'm sure the USDA doesn't approve, but you have to clean these religiously before and after meat use just for basic biosafety reasons, right? So what's the harm?
Certainly you want to avoid using the Harbor Freight machine on your meat because they aren't designed to be fully (safely) cleaned.

Anyone know anything about this brand? Local Rural King has them. Ive been wanting a band saw for small projects . this one seems like a killer price but if its a pile of junk I'll stay away from it.View attachment 481558
That is a Chinese saw. I have cut meat for a lot of years on one. Don’t recall the brand but looks exactly like that one. Keep fresh blades in it and you will be fine. About one blade per hog. Go longer and it’s a sh!t show. Crooked cuts, blade cutting into the side table. New blades always and these work just fine. Btw, bands or blades are made in China also, so replace often.

Reactions: Sowsage
Not sure if that's the same one I looked at while at Rural King awhile back or not. It does appear to be the same as these I think
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200680780_200680780
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...c-meat-cutting-band-saw-and-grinder?a=1575382
Look and see I think they are all the same unit with a wide variance in prices. The Northern Tool listing has the product manual. It also had a link to Sportsman Guide for parts. Looks like the only one that carries the blades is
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/replacement-band-saw-blade?a=1738513
Let me know what you figure out and if you get one how it works

Reactions: Sowsage
My only concern would be easy access for blade tensioning and ensuring it tracks correctly.

Thanks for the info guys! I think I might go for it. I wont use it a ton but for that price its hard to pass up. Looks like the blade is 82" and they are available in a lot of places including Amazon so no worries there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky