Meadowcreek BBQ 26-S - Chicken Breasts Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bone player

Original poster
The Meadowcreek BBQ 26-2  has a top and bottom grate which can be closed and will hold a lot of chicken. I have owned this for 10+ years and have 
also done steaks, hamburgers, and fish with it. Today, just two chicken breasts.....but big ones (about 2 lbs apiece).  After brining for 1 1/2 hours they were rubbed with 2 T light brown sugar, 2 t smoked paprika, 2 t kosher salt, 1 t fresh ground pepper, 1 t dried minced garlic, 1 t dried minced onion, 1 t celery seed, ½ t celery salt, and ½ t Chilpotle Chili Powder.

Placed on lower grate, then top grate is lowered.
Lid closed with just a little apple wood for smoke.

Double grate allows for easy turning during grilling.  Bourbon BBQ Sauce added for the last 10 minutes.

And finally......dinner tonight!

Yes, those are poppers. And this was a HOT bunch of jalapenos!!!
devil.gif
  Memphis style beans and mayo coleslaw were the other sides.

The double grate of the Meadowcreek presses against the chicken and results in automatic cross marks. It also compresses the chicken which helps to keep it moist.  It is at its best when filled with chicken and you can flip the whole batch with just one turn.

No wonder that Bird made it to your smoker...The Farmer killed it before Chickenzilla got HIM!   Looks good and thanks for posting the recipe...JJ

Looks great Boneplayer, and love the double grate idea.
icon14.gif
 Reminds me of those Fish Grilling gizmos . 

SS , get out there and practice , soon you'll be showing-off your own yummies
439.gif

have fun and...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky