me and my new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buzzard

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
just got this little upgrade. i had to do a little work on her like get off the rust and paint her but the first smoke turned out real well. its amazing how much of a difference thicker metal makes.

Hey Buzzard,
You're looking good there! What kind of smoker is it. How thick is the material and in what way is there a great improvement. My horizontal is a Charbroil Silver Smoker and the material it's made of is indeed thin. Also, good looking loin! Congratulations on the upgrade.

alright thank you all for the respond i will now answer all questions, or i hope.

yes beer is good in the morining, but i didnt realize the first pic you put in was the last one posted and visa versa, so this was an evening seasoning. but i do still love beer first thing, dont get me wrong.

i cooked the loin with, Obie-Cue's SMOOTH MOOVE (i use this on my jerky, its the best i have ever had. not bad on loin either) (see attached pic) this one i didnt get to let the rub soak in much maybe an hour or two. i smoke between 200-220 for about 4 hours and i have never had one turn out bad yet. every so often i will get a spike but i control it with a little water and all is good. everyone liked this loin and it was the juiceist one i have made but i wish i could have let the rub settle in over night.

i too use(d) the charbriol silver smoker, have now for more then a year and a half but this one was WAY easier. the fire box is much larger and square (which i like) the metal is 3/8" or less (i wish it was thicker, but im going to line it with fire bricks for excellent heat retention) and there is a lid on top where you can either cook bacon, eggs and such, or open it put on an attachable grate and cook on it while your food cooks in the chamber....mmmmm food in the main chamber
the main chamber metal is 1/4" or thicker, it has one grate in it but has room to add a second, which i will do when i learn to weld.
the main thing i can tell you is from start to finish i had the fire going for about 7 hours and tended the fire maybe 2 times (minus playing with it for fun), meaning adding fuel.
with my silver i had to play with the fire every hour to hour and one half all day long. it was soooooooooo nice and worth every penny i dont have into it.

see a friend who has made his own for years was gong to get into the business of makin and selling them he had 4 left when he decide to quit. he told me if i sell 3 i can have one for free. how hard is that? i was going to list one on here and put the rest on ebay and craigs list and see what happens. but i wanted to get this one going first as it needed finished (sanding and painting)

i thank you all for your interest in my new toy.

i have bad news for you all, i have reached my max pic posting limit of 500kb so i am unable to post pics of anything else, like the rub i was telling you about.

i thought that was per posting not total.

how do i delete my pics?

or i will pay to have more space if possible

Nice. I like that firebox. My next one I hope to have an offset firebox.

BTW, are you a boat dealer, thief or collector? :-)

Oh yeah. I had the same problems with pictures and never figured it out. I guess you have to upload them to a host, then link to them to get around all of that.

i work for a boat and motorcycle dealer. (yea rough job)

yea the fire box is nice, the only thing i guess i dont like is if there is an opening up top you lose heat, but it helps a lot to control the temp in the main chamber.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky