McRib knockoff

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jim, Looks great! I also have to confess that the McRib is my favorite fast food sammy. They bring it back every few months or years. I know it's mystery meat and it's probably the worst thing I should be eating. It's the only outside food I've had in 11 months. Now after seeing yours, I gotta try this. Never even thought of it before. Looks delicious. Nice work and thanks for the idea.

Reactions: JLeonard
Gotta admit I'm one of those people who gets excited when the mystery meat McRib comes back. Not sure why, but I love me one of them things. Definitely going to have to try my hand at a homemade one after seeing your masterpiece here, looks delicious.

Thanks Teal101 Teal101 Every now and then I'll try one just to see if it is as good as when they first came out......And thus far I've been dissappointed. LOL.
Jim

Reactions: Teal101
LOL--This all brings back memories of the first time I was ever at a McD's. Mom, Dad, and 3 kids. I was about 10, Brother 14, Sister 16. I think the whole bill for the 5 of us was under $1.50. I think Cheeseburgers were 15 cents, & Fries were 12 cents.
No McRibs in them days!! LOL

Bear

LOL--This all brings back memories of the first time I was ever at a McD's. Mom, Dad, and 3 kids. I was about 10, Brother 14, Sister 16. I think the whole bill for the 5 of us was under $1.50. I think Cheeseburgers were 15 cents, & Fries were 12 cents.
No McRibs in them days!! LOL

Bear

They McDonalds back then??

Warren

Hahaha Bear. I mean your are older than me! :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:
The first fast food thing we had was a dairy Queen. I'm sorry it was a Taste Freeze.

Warren

Last edited:
Used to love the McRib when I was a kid. After I started doing BBQ they never seemed quite as good. I will admit for some reason I did get one for myself last month. Hadn't had one for a long time.

May have to try out this homemade method at some point. I have no doubt it is a lot better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky