MB Wood Chip Loader Replacement - Help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sliceofbrice

Original poster
Jun 7, 2021
Hey y'all -

New to the forums here! Also new to smoking in general. Recently was given a MB electric smoker and realized the side woodchip loader wasn't attached. My buddy who gave it to me doesn't seem to know where it is either. I found an MB chip loader part online but my model number (MB25072215) isn't listed as being a model where it would work. Here is the part:

Does anyone know if this would actually fit my model and it's just not listed for some reason? Maybe someone who has my model would know? Couldn't find another chip loader for sale online for my specific MB series other than this one. Here is a link to my model:

If I am not able to get a replacement, any ideas on what to do? I can't imagine having an open hole on the side of the smoker is good.

Thanks! Appreciate any and all advice on helping a new guy out here.

Hi, and welcome from Iowa! Not sure about the wood chip loader but maybe forget about it and get an amnps tray and go with a mailbox mod.

20210201_140735.jpg

Here's my set up. Also have an auber pid for way better temp control.

Ryan

Hey y'all -

New to the forums here! Also new to smoking in general. Recently was given a MB electric smoker and realized the side woodchip loader wasn't attached. My buddy who gave it to me doesn't seem to know where it is either. I found an MB chip loader part online but my model number (MB25072215) isn't listed as being a model where it would work. Here is the part:

Does anyone know if this would actually fit my model and it's just not listed for some reason? Maybe someone who has my model would know? Couldn't find another chip loader for sale online for my specific MB series other than this one. Here is a link to my model:

If I am not able to get a replacement, any ideas on what to do? I can't imagine having an open hole on the side of the smoker is good.

The air flow draw through these units are very bad so leaving the 3" hole where the chip loader goes may not be so bad after all. Then get an Amaz-in-smoker pellet tray or tide and smoke with pellets. I also used a 12" piece of aluminum roof flashing rolled into tube to make a chimney I stuck in the top exhaust to help with draw.
Don

Hey y'all -

I agree with all the others so far.
I have an 3" vent elbow inserted into the chip loader slot with short length of vent and an A-maz-N smoker tube that I get smoking then insert so its leaning on the vent.
Works great for me!

I should also say that I got my MES used and have never used the chip loader.
Built a smoke generator that used a fish tank air pump for a venturi style smoke generator but haven't used that since going with the smoker tube. A-maze-N products rock!

I agree with all said above. The MB chip loader is not effecient as it only generates smoke when the heating element is on. Once it reaches set temp, it goes off and no smoke is generated. The mailbox mod with the AmazN tube or tray using pellets is the best alternative. Also welcome to the Forum. You'll find this is the best place to be.

Thank you all! Great help.

Is there a thread/post somewhere with instructions on how to build the mailbox mod?

Thank you all! Great help.

Is there a thread/post somewhere with instructions on how to build the mailbox mod?
Here's one I found real fast. Scroll through and you'll see a few different ones.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky