May Greenhouse pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
I was late getting things going but here are some pics. I also planted about 800 lettuce seeds this week but they aren't up yet.

1bc848e8_DSCN0614.jpg

b6c2ff30_DSCN0615.jpg

c040ace3_DSCN0618.jpg

d8f7f014_DSCN0622.jpg

30a8479a_DSCN0623.jpg

Arugula

28bce0d4_DSCN0625.jpg

Bell Peppers

9bf2fe0a_DSCN0626.jpg

bb0f5450_DSCN0628.jpg

Sage

d18ec443_DSCN0629.jpg

Parsley

e7a4d329_DSCN0630.jpg

Basil

300c7ab5_DSCN0631.jpg

502793d0_DSCN0632.jpg

Oregano

e1bb4fb3_DSCN0633.jpg

Swiss Chard

da3ae77a_DSCN0634.jpg

Thanks for looking I'll do another update as things grow

Looks great Jerry. I still think about the Basil Pesto on that Bread that we had.

Wow, that's awesome. There are definitely some perks to living in Florida!

Our peaches and plums are about nickel size now. Looks to be a great year this year. Last year a late frost came and we got NO peaches at all and only 6 lbs of plums... Can't wait to build a little green house. If I'm in Florida, I know where to stop for fresh produce! Nice work!

f867ffb9_IMG_4049.jpg

dc7aebb9_IMG_4050.jpg

I would love to have access to all of those wonderful tasting plants but I definitely wouldn't want to have to take care of them. I guess I was scarred as a kid being forced to help in the garden all the time. I love all the veggies but I hate all the work that goes along with it. My old man always planted  at least an acre garden each year so it was plenty of work.  If I went on a smaller scale I could probably manage that and get some enjoyment out of it. Great looking garden!

Ross there's no real weeding to be done just pull a few out of the landscape fabric once in awhile. Most of the towers also spin so you stand in one place and turn the plants to face you.

Ross there's no real weeding to be done just pull a few out of the landscape fabric once in awhile. Most of the towers also spin so you stand in one place and turn the plants to face you.
Yes I can see how your setup would be much more enjoyable then having to till and weed a huge garden plot. You have an awesome set up there!!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky