Maxing out UDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigr314

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 4, 2011
Uniontown,Pa.
I had a purchase yesterday at RD. 18 pound packer,2-9 pound butts,and 3 racks of baby backs. Looking forward to a full UDS smoke this weekend. I am thinking putting the brisket and butts on the bottom rack and ribs on the top rack. Plan on smoking at 250. 2-2-1 on ribs and foiling brisket and butts at 160, then pulling when probe tender, wrap in towels in cooler for a few hours. Any other advise?

That's a lot of meat. 

You have a diffuser in it?

I just made one. 16 inch pizza pan with holes drilled in it. I put 3 metal extension pieces attached to my charcoal basket so the diffuser will be 6 inches above the basket. never used a diffuser before. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky