1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Maverick xr50. :(

Discussion in 'Meat Thermometers' started by buzzy, Jan 12, 2019.

1. buzzy

buzzy Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Got this for Christmas. Got out yesterday for first time to mess with & check temps accuracy. Was plan on using on 56# batch of deer bologna. Put provided batteries in. Both came on but couldn’t turn off transmitter & the receiver wouldn’t turn on after being shutdown. Email sent to CS. Waiting to see how this works out for me. Very disappointed in Maverick to say the least

2. hillbillyrkstr

hillbillyrkstr Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

That’s a shame. I own 3 Mavericks and they have been top quality to say the least. I’m guessing you just ended up with a bad one which is gonna happen from time to time. Hopefully they’ll send you a new one. I’ve never had to deal with maverick cs yet.

Scott

3. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Did you try fresh batteries ?

4. buzzy

Yea thats my same thought. The only problem I’ve had with my 2 is the alarms quit working which isn’t a big deal except in the evening when ready to wined down. Eat, shower, relax. Wake up saying oh man what is the temp at??

No but I tested the ones provided
    an they read good. Could understand not turning on if bad but not turning off makes no sense.

5. Winterrider

Winterrider Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

CS from Maverick is very good. Had a very dim receiver (733), emailed them a picture of it and they sent me a new one. Warranty was done about 3 months prior. Only bad thing is the new one is about the same way. I just deal with it

6. buzzy

Got it done with old Mavericks D924D6D5-EAED-4B3E-9019-BCBD2E183DF6.jpeg