Maverick or Not?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi All My Maverick has been ordered from A-Maze-N..Thanks for clearing up some of the problems.I just might use  high temp red permatex RTV silicon and hope for best.
drool.gif

DanBono

I have had my ET 732 for a year and a half with no issues at all. Make sure you read the directions it is a great tool. I did buy a set of spare probes from Todd just in case I have an issue. My probes are not sealed with rtv but is a great idea just as a little added insurance. I have heard when you wash your probes be very careful not to submerge them in water. The rtv should help with that in case a probe were to "fall" in the pool so to speak. I have another one new in the box that I have never even used yet. Someday when I get a big load in the smoker I will break that one out.

I have a Maverick, the new one,  which replaced my old 72, and should you purchase one, you better order an extra probe or two.  Read the reviews on Amazon.  It works great, and is very useful, but it ain't going to last.  At least mine hasn't.  However, it's better than the others ones that are out there.  They are all made in China, so don't expect good old USofA quality. 

The Lone Realtor

Hi All My Maverick 732 has arrived. My question is about this:Use a high temp red permatex RTV silicon. Work into the connection where wire meats probe and then a light coating on the out side. Biggest proble they have is probes going bad because of moisture in smoker.

Can I use Permatex Silicone Form-A-Gasket?on the tube it says RTV Blue Gasket Maker? instead of the high temp red RTV silicon.

I already have a tube of the Blue gasket maker.I'm thinking "IF" its good enough for a engine gasket material, should be NO problem in my smoker??

Thanks Dan.

Hi All The Maverick 732 is working GREAT!!! What a relief with the remote. I can take IT any where in my house, and still know what the temps are.Just wished the wires on the probes were alittle longer..I know they sell longer ones, just NOT ready to spend any more $$.

Thanks Dan

HiYa All: Really love my Maverick 732.The only thing I DON'T like is when setting the temps you press the key pad and it only moves 1 digit at time..Major pain in the "neck" when going from 190 back to 170, I have to go ALL way till the end and come back to 170..

Don't know how long the keypad is gonna last, wish the keypad was more like my over temp setting,which can  go 10 digits in any direction..OH well can't have everything I quess.Maybe something for Maverick to take a look at?

Thanks for listening Dan

HiYa All: Really love my Maverick 732.The only thing I DON'T like is when setting the temps you press the key pad and it only moves 1 digit at time..Major pain in the "neck" when going from 190 back to 170, I have to go ALL way till the end and come back to 170..

Don't know how long the keypad is gonna last, wish the keypad was more like my over temp setting,which can  go 10 digits in any direction..OH well can't have everything I quess.Maybe something for Maverick to take a look at?

Thanks for listening Dan

Just hold the button down and it flys through them.

Viper1:"Just hold the button down and it flys through them".

I didn't realized it would work like that..Gotta give it a try, would make IT much easier that way!!!

Thanks DanB

No problem glad to help. I said the same thing my self. Then happened to read to see how to set alarm and found out. LOL

Viper1:"Just hold the button down and it flys through them".

I didn't realized it would work like that..Gotta give it a try, would make IT much easier that way!!!

Thanks DanB
Jeez, we've got Viper, Maverik, holding down the button, flying through stuff.  Am I the only one with this song playing through his mind while reading this thread?

That's right, Ice.  I am dangerous.

Got my Viper nick name when I ran a nation wide BBS with global forums. Before Internet really went big. I use to have to write my own programs and scripts. And people would hack and I would get to close another door. And usually locate and scare the hell out of them. They started calling me the Viper because they said no one treads on me. So it just stuck, But they are right. I am as easy going as they come till you get in my face or mess with my family. Then there is no limit to what I am capable of doing. Or like dad says just another dumb hillbilly.

Try swapping probes, and see if you still get inaccurate readings

Sometimes if the probe is not seated all the way in the port, it acts goofy

Todd

Well other than double checking it's plugged all the way in and reversing probes to see if both read the same is the only checks. If they read the same their right. Maverick says if they break so to speak the don't read at all. But a group of us have managed to heat them up and recover all our probes that wasn't working right. Remember the meat probe can be inches away from another and get a different temp since meat don't heat evenly. And the cooker probe can be off if its close to a wall, a rack or even meat. Any thing that can reflect or hold heat will read higher. When I'm cooking it's normal for my PID and My Maverick to be several degrees different. But when I read with an instant thermometer it's normally the maverick thats right.

I got a Master Forge (the one from Lowes) wireless a couple weeks ago and it works fine but I'm already having screen problems. Maverick 732 is definitely on my wish list.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky